immigrant visa questions ("weird" letter received)

The GUZ consulate will not process your case any further until they receive your completed DS-230 and OF-169. I have never heard of a deadline for sending back packets. Did you look at the OF-169 link above. It'll have more information.

Since Squirty isn't online, I can try to answer this as well. Actually this has already be discussed in this thread.

Your "weird" letter is Packet 2 (NOA2)

kjj,

sorry for that oversight (re: packet 2). this should be my last questions (i hope):

1. if i'm not mistaken, i do not mail in the EOR/photos with the packet 3 docs. instead, only forms ds320, i864, and OF-169 are submitted during the packet 3 process. right? or are there some supporting docs that i've overlooked that should be sent back as part of packet 3?

i presume i need to submit my last yr's IRS tax returns (as part of the i864), but i'm more wondering about if i need to submit supporting docs that aren't "obvious."

2. does that mean the EOR/photos should be brought to guangzhou during my wife's interview (along with the packet 4 docs)?

A1. No only send back of-169, ds230 parts 1 and 2. Also you need to send them a completed EMS label (you can get it at China Post). They will use the label to mail you your P4.

Again, this is all in the OF-169 information (link above). Photos, and all of your supporting docs will be taken with you during the interview. Sending anything more than the things I mentioned above, will simply be destroyed upon reaching the consulate

A2. Yes

You will NOT send back your I-864 with your P3 materials. You will take that in with you during the interview. As a general rule, yes, they want your last year's tax returns, but usually they will ask for the past three year's worth. Your I-864, has a place to mark, if you are bringing the past three years worth. I'm taking in 2006, 2007, and 2008 - it is my understanding that most people do this.

Here is everything we're bringing to our interview.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=38797&hl=

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

Personal opinion, since I believe you didn't send in an EOR letter with your initial filing, that it can't hurt to send in an EOR letter with your package 3. This way Guangzhou may file it and have a chance to look over things before your interview. Or they may just scrap it. No harm done in my opinion.

Also, there may be a limit on when you send in your p3, so I wouldn't delay over 6 months. I can't imagine anyone going over 6 months anyways.

Also, there may be a limit on when you send in your p3, so I wouldn't delay over 6 months. I can't imagine anyone going over 6 months anyways.

I wholeheartedly agree. The whole purpose for submitting the I-130 is to inform the US, of your intent to immigrate. If you're not ready to move forward, then perhaps you shouldn't start the process.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

thank you to everyone who spent time replying to my questions.

given the helpful replies, i hope when i do receive the p3 docs, i wont have any other questions. if i do, it's great knowing CFL is the best source to get them answered, bar-none!

that should be all the questions i have for now. thanks again.

thank you to everyone who spent time replying to my questions.

given the helpful replies, i hope when i do receive the p3 docs, i wont have any other questions. if i do, it's great knowing CFL is the best source to get them answered, bar-none!

that should be all the questions i have for now. thanks again.

Trust me, you should and WILL have more questions. :D Of course, that's the point of such a helpful community as well. Keep 'em coming.

You will get Package 3 much sooner than you think, so keep this in mind.