Our Interview is Just Around the Corner!

Good luck, guys! Don't forget to let us know how everything goes (your interview result and overall guangzhou experience) We look forward to learning from your success story.

I most certainly will! Thanks for the support! Pray for us!

I may be too late to help you any. What we did was in two steps:

for the original petition (I-129F) we each submitted a one page EOR/intent to marry letter.

then for the interview in Guangzhou, I expanded my original EOR/intent letter, putting in more details from the beginning and updating it to the present. I believe I had that one notarized and she took it to her interview.

Maybe I'm to late for input. It was a few years ago 4-5 years I think since we got past this point in the process. Maybe this specific person is still there and maybe not. I don't know her name but here on CFL she was lovingly spoken of as; "Black Pearl". From what I recall (One of Mei's interviews was with her) if she's the one who conducts your interview every "T" should be crossed and every "I" dotted. In other words, be prepared like you've never prepared for anything in your life. Don't be scared. If you show even a hint of fear she's got you right where she wants you. Leave that particular emotion at home and you'll be fine.

Edited by dcwfn (see edit history)
every "T" should be crossed and every "I" dotted. In other words, be prepared like you've never prepared for anything in your life. Don't be scared.

dcwfn is right!

However, this should be true for every person who interviews. I think the "Black Pearl" has been long since retired. I may be wrong. However, it is my understanding that consular officers get rotated out every 2 or 3 years. If that's the case, it's most likely that every female afro-american since the original "Black Pearl" has been labeled as such. (I don't feel the nickname should be used, however, I know that many people use it, with no disrespect intended.)

The best advice is to go into the interview with the confidence that you deserve to be in the US. Your evidence + attitude is what will convince the VO to give you the coveted pink slip. Good luck, you'll be fine!!!!!! :) Jingjing and I look forward to hearing about your success story.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)
every "T" should be crossed and every "I" dotted. In other words, be prepared like you've never prepared for anything in your life. Don't be scared.

dcwfn is right!

This should be true for every person who interviews. I think the "Black Pearl" has been long since retired. I may be wrong. However, it is my understanding that consular officers get rotated out every 2 or 3 years. If that's the case, it's most likely that every female afro-american since the original "Black Pearl" has been labeled as such. (I don't feel the nick-name should be used, however, I know that many people use it, with no disrespect intended.)

The best advice is to go into the interview with the confidence that you deserve to be in the US. Your evidence + attitude is what will convince the VO to give you the coveted pink slip. Good luck, you'll be fine!!!!!! :) Jingjing and I look forward to hearing about your success story.

Can you tell I've been there, done that?....lol

Can you tell I've been there, done that?....lol

You da man, Brother!

Has anyone heard from Rachel yet? Their GUZ interview was yesterday.

If they ever show you a document that is known as an I-601.......pack a lunch 'cause that's when school really begins.....lol

Thanks Everyone.

We got green and blue :D

Apparently my parents don't qualify as cosponsors because I have nine siblings... even though they are above the poverty level.

We were told to get a new friend to cosponsor (which we have) and send the documents back to the Consulate, but that he did not need another interview.

Anyone dealt with this before? How long should it take?

Hi Rachel, I believe the consulate will be closed this Monday. I have a sinking suspicion that ACH will be unavailable due to Columbus Day. I hope I'm wrong

Yes, the Consulate was closed for Columbus day... :P bummer... oh well, it doesn't seem like it would've made a difference in our case anyway! :D

yes, I enjoy my family... :) I miss them a lot. I really can't wait to introduce my little brothers to my sweetie! They're gonna love him!