Does anybody know weight and size requirements for China Southern Airl

Hi,

My wife told me that she read that the weight limit on a China Southern flight (in China) is now 44 pounds........ Does anybody know if this is correct?

Does anybody know the size limitations also?

And how many bags are you permitted to check for free?

I HAD a thought - We have tickets from the U.S. to Guangzhou. But we could not buy/purchase tickets beyond Guangzhou (in the U.S.), So Instead we had a relative buy the one flight out of Guangzhou to our final destination for us. DOES ANYBODY KNOW THAT IF WE SHOW THESE TICKETS TO THE CHECK-IN PEOPLE AT DELTA IN THE U.S. WHERE WE WILL BOARD - DO YOU KNOW IF THEY WILL ALLOW US TO CHECK OUR BAGS ALL THE WAY TO OUR FINAL DESTINATION - EVEN THOUGH WE ARE HOLDING TWO SEPERATE SETS OF TICKETS TO GET US TO THE FINAL DESTINATION???

Thanks,

m-coon

China Southern Airlines

The China Southern free baggage allowance is 40kg. for first class, 30kg. for business class, and 20kg. for economy class. If you receive a free upgrade, allowance is based on your original reservation. Specific fees are not listed on the Web site.

http://budgettravel.about.com/od/airfaresc...ors_bagfees.htm

20 kilograms = 44.0924524 pounds

I believe they will charge you for extra baggage or over weight.

Hi,

My wife told me that she read that the weight limit on a China Southern flight (in China) is now 44 pounds........ Does anybody know if this is correct?

Does anybody know the size limitations also?

And how many bags are you permitted to check for free?

I HAD a thought - We have tickets from the U.S. to Guangzhou. But we could not buy/purchase tickets beyond Guangzhou (in the U.S.), So Instead we had a relative buy the one flight out of Guangzhou to our final destination for us. DOES ANYBODY KNOW THAT IF WE SHOW THESE TICKETS TO THE CHECK-IN PEOPLE AT DELTA IN THE U.S. WHERE WE WILL BOARD - DO YOU KNOW IF THEY WILL ALLOW US TO CHECK OUR BAGS ALL THE WAY TO OUR FINAL DESTINATION - EVEN THOUGH WE ARE HOLDING TWO SEPERATE SETS OF TICKETS TO GET US TO THE FINAL DESTINATION???

Thanks,

m-coon

You will not be able to check bags to your final destination with the situation you describe.

I used China Southern in July and it was one checked bag per ticket, not to exceed 20KG. Each of the 3 of us had 2 checked bags each and we had to pay the extra fee. I have on occasion had a heavier bag and was not charged. What I try to do is use a large backpack ( ]Oakley Kitchen Sink ) along with a carry on and avoid checking any bags.

Once while in Macau, my luggage was left in America and could not be located before I left for Hunan. That left me in mainland China with only 2 sets of clothes. Trying to find clothes to fit an American while shopping in China was very difficult. Deodorant was nearly impossible to find where I was at.

Good Luck on your trip.

PS a note about the backpack listed above: It is awesome for traveling overseas. You can get the best price on Ebay or by searching other online stores. Should be able to get it for less then $150. It also holds a full size 17" laptop with easy, separate access without having to remove anything else.

Edited by maxsalvo (see edit history)