Hi,

Is there anyone who has obtained a police certificate from Hong Kong. Hong Kong requires me to send the application with a letter from NVC saying that a police certificate is needed. I called NVC and that representative told me to send in what I have right now (without the hk police certificate) and when they find out I am missing something, then NVC will send us a checklist. Is there anyway to avoid this delay? They said they will genereate a checklist at some point...but I am not really sure what she was talking about. I have paid AOS and IV fee, but haven't submit my tax documents (i864) stuff. Thanks.

Sounds like they require a check-list showing beneficiary's name.

Individuals residing outside Hong Kong

Applications should be made in writing to:

The Commission of Police (Attn: EO CNCC)

14/F, Arsenal House

Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street

Wan Chai, Hong Kong

An applicant residing outside Hong Kong must submit the following items. Please note that documents issued in languages other than Chinese or English, must be accompanied by an official transcript, in Chinese or English, endorsed either by the issuing authority or a certificated translation services body.

1. his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;

2. the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);

3. the original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant¡¯s name;

4. a full set of the applicant¡¯s fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized and official police or law enforcement agency where the applicant currently resides. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state: (i) the full name and rank of the person taking the prints, (ii) the full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop; and (iii) the date and place the prints were taken. Prints that do not clearly show certification will be refused. Fingerprints taken by the applicant him/herself, a legal representative or private/commercial agency are also unacceptable.

5. a bank draft in the amount of HK$180 per person, made payable to ¡°The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.¡± The draft must be payable in Hong Kong. A personal check in Hong Kong dollars, which is issued an authorized by any licensed banks in Hong Kong, is also acceptable.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3579.html

Are you opting in to NVC Electronic Processing, to save time?

Sounds like they require a check-list showing beneficiary's name.

Individuals residing outside Hong Kong

Applications should be made in writing to:

The Commission of Police (Attn: EO CNCC)

14/F, Arsenal House

Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street

Wan Chai, Hong Kong

An applicant residing outside Hong Kong must submit the following items. Please note that documents issued in languages other than Chinese or English, must be accompanied by an official transcript, in Chinese or English, endorsed either by the issuing authority or a certificated translation services body.

1. his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;

2. the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);

3. the original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant¡¯s name;

4. a full set of the applicant¡¯s fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized and official police or law enforcement agency where the applicant currently resides. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state: (i) the full name and rank of the person taking the prints, (ii) the full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop; and (iii) the date and place the prints were taken. Prints that do not clearly show certification will be refused. Fingerprints taken by the applicant him/herself, a legal representative or private/commercial agency are also unacceptable.

5. a bank draft in the amount of HK$180 per person, made payable to ¡°The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.¡± The draft must be payable in Hong Kong. A personal check in Hong Kong dollars, which is issued an authorized by any licensed banks in Hong Kong, is also acceptable.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3579.html

Are you opting in to NVC Electronic Processing, to save time?

Yes, I am using electronic processing. is there anyway i could get the checklist early so i could get the hk police certificate and send it with ds230?

Thanks.

Yes, I am using electronic processing. is there anyway i could get the checklist early so i could get the hk police certificate and send it with ds230?

Thanks.

All you can do us contact NVC and request it, so that you can deal with HK. I would call them again and perhaps ask for a supervisor.

My wife and I are going through HK, she is originally from mainland china but is now an LPR in HK. We got one from China and the way we understand it, a police certificate from China is good for all of China even HK and Macao, so we didn't plan on needing one from HK. Wish I could be more help.

I would be very interested in hearing how the electronic processing goes, I thought that was only for people going through GUZ. I just got my AOS bill today, so I guess I'll be finding out soon.

My wife and I are going through HK, she is originally from mainland china but is now an LPR in HK. We got one from China and the way we understand it, a police certificate from China is good for all of China even HK and Macao, so we didn't plan on needing one from HK. Wish I could be more help.

I would be very interested in hearing how the electronic processing goes, I thought that was only for people going through GUZ. I just got my AOS bill today, so I guess I'll be finding out soon.

Hong Kong and Macau are administratively and diplomatically separate countries from China - you WILL need a police report there.