Please stop the pissing match. Just ignore one another.

ME4Ying made a good point, which has been posted here before by mods, regarding wating to file AOS after the 2-yr anniversary so one can get the 10-yr GC direct.

This could be the reason the man does not want to file AOS right away and there is a communication issue between the two. You only got one side of the story second or even third hand.

I visit these posts from time to time to learn and offer help if I can. Mostly learn. Roberth19 had a problem and asked a couple of questions. As usual, dnoblett answered the questions with useful information. Thank you.

Then however, it seems a number of people were making highly disparaging remarks about a man; not because of what he said and not because of what his wife said he said. Not even because of what his wife told somebody he said. It was because of what his wife told somebody who told somebody else. In my experience, a story this far removed is subject to misinterpretation. Believe me; I usually stay far away when a thread heads in this direction. I don¡¯t think I can do any good.

Perhaps because miscommunication is such a potential issue I just wanted to point out what has helped our marriage. That is, to not jump to conclusions ¨C particularly not the most negative conclusion. Fear and mistrust can be poison.

Not to say there have not been challenges in my marriage, but waiting 10 months to file for a green card, avoiding having to do it twice in two years and saving about a thousand dollars was something that made sense to me and my wife ¨C in fact it was recommend by a friend of my wife. I told my story to illustrate a perfectly innocent reason to delay a few months. I certainly did not expect to then be included in the disparagement. I started out trying to be constructive but I admit I was offended by Larry¡¯s remarks and answered with sarcasm when I should have ignored him.

As for Roberth19¡¯s wife¡¯s, friend¡¯s husband, it seems improper to condemn or defend him here.

:D

ME4Ying made a good point, which has been posted here before by mods, regarding wating to file AOS after the 2-yr anniversary so one can get the 10-yr GC direct.

This could be the reason the man does not want to file AOS right away and there is a communication issue between the two. You only got one side of the story second or even third hand.

I was thinking the same, $1010 is a lot to pay only to have to pay another $545 to file an I-751 21 months after getting a CR-green card, if simply holding on filing the I-485 until close to 2 years of marriage will net a 10 year green-card and saves having to dump another $545 later for I-751.

Maybe but the one thing that bothers me is the social security card, you need that number to function in modern society

Maybe but the one thing that bothers me is the social security card, you need that number to function in modern society

yep, very true , cant do much without one.

Since she is K-3 she can't get a SS card without an EAD or green card.

If she was to HAD to return to Chine tomorrow what then? Say her mother or father was passing away in say one or two days. Can she get back into the US on her I-94? It's been so long for me I can't remember.

Larry

K-3 is a multiple entry visa. I believe he could file an EAD without filing the I-485 and get her a SS card.

If she was to HAD to return to Chine tomorrow what then? Say her mother or father was passing away in say one or two days. Can she get back into the US on her I-94? It's been so long for me I can't remember.

Larry

K-3 is a multiple entry visa. I believe he could file an EAD without filing the I-485 and get her a SS card.

Yes only need to file the EAD to get the SS card. Also yes she can go back to China and return as long as before the expiration date of her K-3 visa...it acts like a multiple entry visa...the only attractive part of the K3 these days.

Since she is K-3 she can't get a SS card without an EAD or green card.

Yep some K-3's simply apply for EAD and pay the fee before AOS, they can the use EAD to apply for SSN and also get a job. In this case the K-3 holder can add their income to that of their spouse and provide an I-864A as a member of household.