Sorry....I just thought of another question. What is the G-28 form used for? If I would decide to hire an attorney, does he/she need to complete it and I submit it with my petition, or is it just if the attorney is appearing in front of the USCIS on my behalf? I'm confused :) Thanks.

You can file a G-28 with the I-130, it allows you to ask questions and get more answers from USCIS, it tells USCIS that you are acting as representative in the case.

If using a lawyer, the lawyer would include a G-28 for them self.

Ok...got it. After an exhaustive search, I found an attorney today. So..he should complete the G-28....right?

Thanks!

Ok...got it. After an exhaustive search, I found an attorney today. So..he should complete the G-28....right?

Thanks!

Yes, this will be done by him, and you will sign the form too, it will allow him to ask questions of and communicate with USCIS on your behalf.

You can file a G-28 with the I-130, it allows you to ask questions and get more answers from USCIS, it tells USCIS that you are acting as representative in the case.

I read that the G-28 is not really accepted/used by USCIS in the case of the petitioner filing one himself/herself. It is for lawyers or representatives of the case.

The petitioner is filing the I-130; so no need to say you are representing your own case.

I think this is the common sense that those of us have argued for years against the idea for the petitioner to file a G-28.

I think I read this concerning the electronic online filing now available, if you say you have a G-28 they ask for the law firms name... I guess they realized that too many petitioners are filing this and should not be.

-----

The caveat of the G-28 coming from the lawyer is that they also now get all the mailing of information... that can also work against you if you were hoping to do things as fast as possible. Most report that lawyers cause their case to run slower... your not the only client they have. Also, I'm not sure that the shortcut's can be used if a lawyer is in the middle of it all.

I read that the G-28 is not really accepted/used by USCIS in the case of the petitioner filing one himself/herself. It is for lawyers or representatives of the case.

The petitioner is filing the I-130; so no need to say you are representing your own case.

I think this is the common sense that those of us have argued for years against the idea for the petitioner to file a G-28.

I think I read this concerning the electronic online filing now available, if you say you have a G-28 they ask for the law firms name... I guess they realized that too many petitioners are filing this and should not be.

-----

The caveat of the G-28 coming from the lawyer is that they also now get all the mailing of information... that can also work against you if you were hoping to do things as fast as possible. Most report that lawyers cause their case to run slower... your not the only client they have. Also, I'm not sure that the shortcut's can be used if a lawyer is in the middle of it all.

Hmm....then I am not sure if I want him to submit the form or not if it might cause delays.

That's true - the beneficiary never files anything with the USCIS (until removal of conditions), so there is no need for a G-28 for an I-130, except for a lawyer

The G-28 can be useful in situations where a USCIS employee might refuse to talk with the USC about his/her spouse's case. This would be AOS for a K-visa, or removal of conditions.

Hmm....then I am not sure if I want him to submit the form or not if it might cause delays.

Won't cause any delays, and more than likely the lawyer will require the G-28 so that they can be able to communicate about the petition with USCIS on your behalf.

My point is: Over the years, MANY (or a majority) have posted here of delays of using a lawyer... I can't say to what extent that would be true for your case or with the faster processing.

Randy quipped in some thread about lawyer's making their keep in particular instances... when it comes to re-filing, the cover letter is one place they can truly make a difference. Your case will probably make or break on this alone.

The rest of the process that a lawyer helps on is really administratively doing the paperwork (which most do themselves)... For P4 and interview, few lawyers do anything more... but I know at least one which does help with the interview...

Maybe some very recent CR1s can chime in concerning the electronic process or using a lawyer to do it.

and if you have a lawyer... ask them these questions too !

1/28/09..........Received notice of Intent to Deny Petition. Have to

provide documentation to USCIS to prove to them I

do not "pose a threat to the safety of the beneficiary."

Was this the cause of the white slip? If so you need to address it well. They are very protective of the woman.

1/28/09..........Received notice of Intent to Deny Petition. Have to

provide documentation to USCIS to prove to them I

do not "pose a threat to the safety of the beneficiary."

Was this the cause of the white slip? If so you need to address it well. They are very protective of the woman.

No white slip here - the petition was denied stateside before ever heading for GUZ.

My point is: Over the years, MANY (or a majority) have posted here of delays of using a lawyer... I can't say to what extent that would be true for your case or with the faster processing.

Randy quipped in some thread about lawyer's making their keep in particular instances... when it comes to re-filing, the cover letter is one place they can truly make a difference. Your case will probably make or break on this alone.

The rest of the process that a lawyer helps on is really administratively doing the paperwork (which most do themselves)... For P4 and interview, few lawyers do anything more... but I know at least one which does help with the interview...

Maybe some very recent CR1s can chime in concerning the electronic process or using a lawyer to do it.

and if you have a lawyer... ask them these questions too !

This is usually my take on Lawyers, however in RedDragon's case I would recommend one because of the reason his K-1 was denied.

This is usually my take on Lawyers, however in RedDragon's case I would recommend one because of the reason his K-1 was denied.

I'm not arguing for or against a lawyer; the topic is about the G-28 form... that's mostly what I talking about.

He should have a lawyer; I only pointed out that the G-28 is a second issue to think about. But I'm not arguing for or against that either; just showing two sides to every coin.