iTalkBB Hardware

Our italkBB went out yesterday.

After resetting the Comcast modem and the iTalkBB Cisco interface device(power off-on) , it still would not work, so Lily called iTalk's helpline.

After running us through the usual troubleshooting checklist, they determined (as had I) that the hardware device had failed and should be replaced.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

For what it's worth we have been using a Skype (WIFI) phone on our home wireless network for two years now with out any problems.

Thanks.......and yes, I forgot to say that the internet connection was ok and I had changed the cable from the router to the iTalkbb device to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Don't know what happened.........it's been working great for 2.5 years.......I reckon it just quit!

Let's see how fast they send me a new one.

I will say, their customer service was all over it. No complaints there.

We have not had a problem since we figured out that I can not read the directions and had the phone hooked up to the wrong jack. Seems one is for the phone will call out and receive calls. The other would only call out, not receive. I didn't read the directions. Had to be connected to Phone 1 jack. I didn't see the small print and hooked up to the phone 2 jack.

Thanks.......and yes, I forgot to say that the internet connection was ok and I had changed the cable from the router to the iTalkbb device to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Don't know what happened.........it's been working great for 2.5 years.......I reckon it just quit!

Let's see how fast they send me a new one.

I will say, their customer service was all over it. No complaints there.

The replacement iTalkBB device came via UPS on Thursday........connected it to router, power supply and phone...and..........."one ringy dingy"...........works perfectly.

Customer service sent a pre-paid UPS box to send the old one back.