Shanghai Hotline

It has been discussed many times, the contractor in China that you PAY to call is NOT accurate at all, DOS will have the best answers.

Hi Kat,

Are you applying for CR1 visa through China DCF? It seems your timeline is extremely fast. If so, from Beijing or Guangzhou? Thanks.

If you are refering to the person who started this thread, NO they are not DCF.

CR1:

FEB 09 FILE I-130 , NOA1

MAR 09 NOA2

APR 09 NVC IN PAY IV / AOS BILL

MAY 09 SENT IN IV PACKAGE AND AOS PACKAGE TO NVC CENTER.

MID JUN NVC OUT

NOA1, NOA2 are USCIS stateside, NVC is also DOS stateside.

Hi Kat,

Are you applying for CR1 visa through China DCF? It seems your timeline is extremely fast. If so, from Beijing or Guangzhou? Thanks.

Hi squirty,

Nope, we are doing an IR-1. We walked into the Shanghai consulate to pay for the I-130 form and sent our I-130 along with the G325 to the Beijing consulate at the same day.

The P3 came in late August. I guess it will be another 1-2 month of waiting till I receive my P4 after I send out our P3 according to most of other CFL's timeline.

For the whole process, we expected it to be 9 month long or longer because that's what happened to my friends back in 2007. Seems that the procedure is greatly reduced lately.

Are you doing a CR-1? I don't know how to DCF, is it electronic filing? Seems like it's faster than a regular mail?

I don't know if my explanation helps.

Kat

Edited by Ant & Lu (see edit history)

Kat,

I believe we are going through the same process. IR1/CR1 are practically the same thing, both spousal visas. Sorry I was not clear about DCF (Direct Consular Filing), but it seems it is the process you took as well since you filed your I-130 directly through the Beijing consulate. By the look of 2009's timeline it seems you should be getting your package 4 in mid October (because of national holidays) and interview less than a month later. It definitely should not take anywhere near 9 months. Most people who have DCFd this year have finished within 4 months.

-Squirty

Kat,

I believe we are going through the same process. IR1/CR1 are practically the same thing, both spousal visas. Sorry I was not clear about DCF (Direct Consular Filing), but it seems it is the process you took as well since you filed your I-130 directly through the Beijing consulate. By the look of 2009's timeline it seems you should be getting your package 4 in mid October (because of national holidays) and interview less than a month later. It definitely should not take anywhere near 9 months. Most people who have DCFd this year have finished within 4 months.

-Squirty

Yeah I guess so. I will update my timeline.

Oh, it looks like you already received package 4. Congrats.

Yah, just received it. Wow lots to do after that. Oct will be a busyyyy month. :)

Enjoy the holidays first and then worry about everything else.

Every single day seems extremely important to me right now. Been busy with soiled diapers, baby attention , and NOW this interview thing! Hope we can make it easy and pass.