My K-1 GUZ experience

ricaltman

Congrats! Perseverance pays off.

This response is really to everyone who has posted above also. Thanks to all, but things are still a little scetchy. Now, for the bad news. Ah Lai's visa application was approved September 22 at her interview just like we hoped. They give you a pink/red approval letter which says (and they tell you the same thing to your face) that the visa will be delivered to the local post office, which is four blocks away, in two days. Well, it has been 8 days and still no visa. The only way to communicate with the consulate is to fax them, so we did and unbelievably, they responded the next day. They said they were very busy and would get to it in a few weeks. (I will leave out the expletives that would ordinarily go here.) So, now I'll have to go back to the states on the 6th without her and wait for the consulate to do what they say they will do. Which they have a very spotty record of. Probably two more weeks.
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! Perseverance pays off.

This response is really to everyone who has posted above also. Thanks to all, but things are still a little scetchy. Now, for the bad news. Ah Lai's visa application was approved September 22 at her interview just like we hoped. They give you a pink/red approval letter which says (and they tell you the same thing to your face) that the visa will be delivered to the local post office, which is four blocks away, in two days. Well, it has been 8 days and still no visa. The only way to communicate with the consulate is to fax them, so we did and unbelievably, they responded the next day. They said they were very busy and would get to it in a few weeks. (I will leave out the expletives that would ordinarily go here.) So, now I'll have to go back to the states on the 6th without her and wait for the consulate to do what they say they will do. Which they have a very spotty record of. Probably two more weeks.

Sorry to hear that. You may want to check out this thread

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=tracking

and

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=tracking

It stinks that you have to wait. Unfortunately, waiting is not unheard of. Maybe the two posts above can give you some ideas on how to handle this. I hope everything works out!

Guest Pommey

bummer :happybday:

I would fax and email back asking whats the delay

It's hard to believe the consulate actually called my fiancee, but they did. They said they were very busy and would get to it after the holiday which ends Oct 6 I think. I've waited two years, so two weeks I can do.

So what they mean is they are going on vacation for a week.

Ugg. They must think everyone has unlimited financial resources, doesn't have a job, and enjoy staying in GUZ for weeks at a time.

We also had a delay. It could have been 1-2 weeks as well, but we got help in a special fingerprint session, so we were delayed about 5 days total.

Still it through a wrench in our plans. We couldn't book a return flight to the US. We also had obligations, so left GUZ and then flew back 5 days later to spend 1 more night in GUZ. Luckily that time we actually got her passport back with the visa.

bummer :happybday:

I would fax and email back asking whats the delay

It's hard to believe the consulate actually called my fiancee, but they did. They said they were very busy and would get to it after the holiday which ends Oct 6 I think. I've waited two years, so two weeks I can do.

So what they mean is they are going on vacation for a week.

Yes. I'll followup when I hear more.

Ugg. They must think everyone has unlimited financial resources, doesn't have a job, and enjoy staying in GUZ for weeks at a time.

We also had a delay. It could have been 1-2 weeks as well, but we got help in a special fingerprint session, so we were delayed about 5 days total.

Still it through a wrench in our plans. We couldn't book a return flight to the US. We also had obligations, so left GUZ and then flew back 5 days later to spend 1 more night in GUZ. Luckily that time we actually got her passport back with the visa.

GUZ is not a perpetual motion machine which operates without flaw, stoppage, delay, etc....

One day I go to the bank and see a customer service person immediately and the next day I have to wait 20 minutes... I could choose not to even use a bank at all.. but if I do then I'm subject to their business ups and downs.

however inconvenient... or damn inconvenient, it's a fact of life.

To sum it up, simply, they don't care. They have it, you want it; you'll wait for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ricaltman, any news on your visa ? :lol:

No, she got her approval letter September 22 and still no visa. I faxed them ten days ago and emailed five days ago and nothing.

I checked the EMS website a few minutes ago and the visa has been picked up at the consulate. Finally!!! I hope no more surprises.