iTalkBB

Has anyone had any experience with iTalkBB telephone service? A friend of my wife's (Chinese woman of course) told her about this telephone service which she says we can replace our home telephone service for $24.99 per month and allow her to telephone China for free!!

It sounds too good to be true. Any info would be helpful.

About 27.99 with tax. Calling home phone in China is very good. Calling Cell phones in China is not as clear. You can call 20 other countries for free too.

I use ItalkBB to talk to my wife in China (she only has cell phone).

Every morning I would call my wife as she left for work.

One day I was talking to her as she was walking to the bus.

She says "Oh, I left my cell phone at home!"

I say, wo de lao poa, that is not possible, I am talking to you on your cell phone!

Then she laughed, and I have teased her about it every since.

I'd say the italkbb to cell phone is not bad reception :P

We chose to NOT use this service - Jiaying's phone bill is such that she doesn't use up a phone card before it expires. So others can give a better idea of the service.

Yep, this is the case for us too, we use Skype, $25 credit lasts us something like 4-5 months at 2 cents per min to call China.

I use iTalkbb as my home phone line. Free long distance in US, free to call China, free for my gal in China to call me!

I have had it for several months and it works superbly 90% of the time, adequate 5% of the time, and poorly 5% of the time.

I also used FreeCallPlanet for about 6 months, but because I can also do domestic long distance with iTalkbb I made the switch.

Good luck!