Appointment Letter

P-4 will contain an appointment letter.

The appointment letter is not needed to attend a medical, it is needed to enter the consulate.

The appointment letter will have specific Date of appointment noted on it.

hhmmm ... ok. We're not sure we have an 'appointment' letter, but it seems we have everything else from P4. There is the Appointment letter in Chinese that I downloaded from the link you gave me the other day. But other than that the only thing that says 'appointment letter' is the title of the .pdf document they sent us titled 'GUZ(our case number) appointment cvr letter'. Is the appointment letter something they will physiclly mail? Or will this come e-mail also?

hhmmm ... ok. We're not sure we have an 'appointment' letter, but it seems we have everything else from P4. There is the Appointment letter in Chinese that I downloaded from the link you gave me the other day. But other than that the only thing that says 'appointment letter' is the title of the .pdf document they sent us titled 'GUZ(our case number) appointment cvr letter'. Is the appointment letter something they will physiclly mail? Or will this come e-mail also?

Yes it is something the consulate will physically mail, They still mail P-4, P-3 is taken care of when you deal with NVC for the immigrant visa.

If you did electronic processing, you bring everything that was requested by NVC with you to the interview.

OK, my wifes interview is September 28 but as of today she still has not received P4 in the mail. Can anyone tell me about how long before the interview the packet arrives? I worry maybe something has gone amiss. We have a letter that was e-mailed to us that is called the 'appointment cover letter' it has my name and address on it, then beneath that it says "Dear (my wife's name) ..... a few lines down it tells us the date and time of the interview. On the second page it has our case number, principal applicant name, preference category, and Foreign State of chargeability. I am thinking this is the appointment letter, but Dnoblet says it is not, that the appointment letter will be physiclly mailed to my wife. So again, my question is ... how long before the interview should she expect the P4? We're 2 weeks away from her interview now.

OK, so if my wife did not receive P4 in the mail is it possible that if I go to ACH they will give us a new appointment letter to get her in for her interview? Or should it be ACS? I have no idea what to do now ... I have a 10 work day tomorrow and now I am assured of NO sleep tonight because of this. I e-mailed GUZ earlier, I dont have a chinese credit card so I cant call them ... in a real mess here. Could DOS help me on this one? 2 weeks away and no P4. We're electronic processing ....

About how long before the interview does the P4 usually arrive? My wife's interview is September 28 and she still has not received P4 yet. Should I try calling GUZ tomorrow?

If you have not received it, and you will be in Guangzhou with her for the interview, you can attend ACH and request one.

OK, and this one is really dumb. We have an 'appointment cover letter' .pdf file .... but not a 'cover letter' .pdf file from GUZ. Is this appointment cover letter the document my wife needs to get into the medical exam and into the embassy for her interview?

For electronic processing, as everything is sent electronically visa emails, I am assuming that P4 forms can be downloaded at:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

right?

Good luck, Appaullo. If you are still in US, maybe it's time for you to call DoS/NVC to find out more.

Edited by luckyyy (see edit history)

Well I talked to DOS today. They told me that the e-mailed 'appointment cvr letter' .pdf was what we needed to get into the interview. But just to be safe I am going to ask at ACH as well when I am there next monday. Thanks all, sorry for the many threads, but it was late and I was stressed.

Good to find this out.

I will merge the multiple threads.