Damned stubborn Chinese woman!

griz326

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and btw, Steve, apparently, according to those poisoned, the mushrooms smelled----and tasted GREAT ! (famous last words...)

So maybe if you can arrange a liver transplant first, it might be worth it to try?

Back in the day, I used to pick wild mushrooms of a certain type, mostly down south here in cow pastures. I was not an expert mind you, except on this particular type of mushroom, noted not so much for its taste, but for other qualities of a more esoteric nature.

Wow, there goes another flying pig..... :crazy: :victory: :happydance:

In fact, this little picture reminds me of places I used to find the best ones... :bullshit:

Seriously, though, best be careful eating mushrooms if you are not certain what they are..

My wife also has wanted to pick mushrooms and other wild berries when we are out walking. It is about as close as we have come to having a fight with her. She could not believe that we could die from the wrong ones. I believe I finally got her to understand, or she just stopped to please me. We normally do not argue about anything. But I am going to get her to read this thread with me.

I *am* starting to get a little bit worried about Griz and his wife.

Does anyone have a phone number for them and can check that everything turned out okay?

Does anyone have a phone number for them and can check that everything turned out okay?

I am with you here!

Last time he was on was: 14th September 2009 - 10:23 PM a few hours after this post and this was his last post on the board.

Now you got me worried for the Montanan too!

His wife is not set to go to China until November.

Does sound odd, someone who has his number should call him.

I am with you here!

Last time he was on was: 14th September 2009 - 10:23 PM a few hours after this post and this was his last post on the board.

Now you got me worried for the Montanan too!

His wife is not set to go to China until November.

I received a couple of emails concerned that the mushrooms may have gotten us.

We are okay!

Thank you all for your concern.

Fortunately, I put my foot down and we only consumed the shaggy manes.

Xiaoyuan did get very sick the night I posted and when I asked her she said it was the mushroom she ate...but when I picked up the phone to call for an ambulance, she said she was joking. Turned out to be a 24 hour bug.

We have four edible mushrooms that grow in my yard: shaggy manes, morels, puff balls and chanterelles. I only eat the shaggy manes because I cannot surely identify the others...except for the morel which I don't particularly like.

Maybe I'll get the state biologist out here to show her the "good eata" mushrooms.

I received a couple of emails concerned that the mushrooms may have gotten us.

We are okay!

Thank you all for your concern.

Fortunately, I put my foot down and we only consumed the shaggy manes.

Xiaoyuan did get very sick the night I posted and when I asked her she said it was the mushroom she ate...but when I picked up the phone to call for an ambulance, she said she was joking. Turned out to be a 24 hour bug.

We have four edible mushrooms that grow in my yard: shaggy manes, morels, puff balls and chanterelles. I only eat the shaggy manes because I cannot surely identify the others...except for the morel which I don't particularly like.

Maybe I'll get the state biologist out here to show her the "good eata" mushrooms.

Good to hear, I had gone as far as trying to look you up on AnyWho.com, but could not find a Steve where you live, only a Doug or a Laurie.

I knew you should be OK.