Loosing my mind

We have our interview scheduled for Oct 20 and every day I quiz my fiancee on potential interview questions...

I change the format of the question and she gets all lost.

I ask for evidence of relationship she gives me EOR and the other way around.

Some one shoot me please NOW! Advil stopped working a long time ago :ph34r:

We have our interview scheduled for Oct 20 and every day I quiz my fiancee on potential interview questions...

I change the format of the question and she gets all lost.

I ask for evidence of relationship she gives me EOR and the other way around.

Some one shoot me please NOW! Advil stopped working a long time ago :angry:

Put the interview documents in folders - that have CHINESE labels....so she won't get nervous and not find things. If she's confused ask for the explanation in Chinese.

Relax, you will only make it worse for her - if she see's or hear's your anxiety it will only put more pressure on her.

My wife was really struggling with English before she arrived in America. (Since she's been here, her progress has been amazing.)

The VO in GUZ was very nice and only asked a couple simple questions in English. Most of the interview was in Chinese.

I agree with Mike. Practice, but don't get upset and pressure her. It won't help and will probably make matters worse.

Yeah, my fiancee did the interview in Chinese, even though she could have handled it in English.

The real problem is if you don't speak Chinese as well, then they will question your ability to communicate with each other.

I've heard of that happening. However:

My Mandarin is very weak (I know many words and phrases, but pronouncition is difficult for me). We started out using translators (handheld & computer) to communicate concepts that were not everyday topics.

Nobody ever questioned our ability to communicate. That may have been due to the 500 pages of chat transcripts & emails and a year's worth of phone bills showing regular calls made to each other that were part of our evidence of relationship in GUZ.

I was in China In August and organized all the paperwork in folders with Chinese title so she can find it.

We also have a years worth of phone bills showing multiple calls every day as well as emails.

We started out using translators too but now she does understand and speak basic english but gets flustered very easily and I worry if the VO thinks she can not speak english and I can not speak Mandarin then how do we communicate.

Well I guess till you have the visa in hand you worry.