Transcripts are fine. Read the directions included with form I-864.

If you provide a photocopy of your tax return(s), you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your return(s). Do not include copies of these Forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your return(s) rather than a photocopy.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf

OK, thanks! I read the instructions. But (and this is just me being anal and second guessing myself as the interview draws nearer) all the documents GUZ have sent to me are saying tax returns. Thats the reason I double checked. I know my questions are for the most part redundant, and I apologize. I am in the final stages leading up to the interview and am stressing over making sure EVERYTHING is right. You should hear what my friends and family here in the states say to me when I get on their nerves! :angry:

Anyways, thanks again ... I wish I could say its my last question, but I leave 6:45 AM saturday morning and I just KNOW I'll be online between now and then with more questions. Sorry in advance!

OK, thanks! I read the instructions. But (and this is just me being anal and second guessing myself as the interview draws nearer) all the documents GUZ have sent to me are saying tax returns. Thats the reason I double checked. I know my questions are for the most part redundant, and I apologize. I am in the final stages leading up to the interview and am stressing over making sure EVERYTHING is right. You should hear what my friends and family here in the states say to me when I get on their nerves! <_<

Anyways, thanks again ... I wish I could say its my last question, but I leave 6:45 AM saturday morning and I just KNOW I'll be online between now and then with more questions. Sorry in advance!

its normal to feel anal when GZ is calling the shoots.

i had 4 years of tax returns, pay stubs, letter of employment as part of my wife's kitchen sink, so you are not alone.

OK, thanks! I read the instructions. But (and this is just me being anal and second guessing myself as the interview draws nearer) all the documents GUZ have sent to me are saying tax returns. Thats the reason I double checked. I know my questions are for the most part redundant, and I apologize. I am in the final stages leading up to the interview and am stressing over making sure EVERYTHING is right. You should hear what my friends and family here in the states say to me when I get on their nerves! :o

its normal to feel anal when GZ is calling the shoots.

i had 4 years of tax returns, pay stubs, letter of employment as part of my wife's kitchen sink, so you are not alone.

Yep, I had 3 years of returns (1040+W2+1099) and the Transcripts for the visa interview, but when adjusting status I sent only the transcripts.