Will her being pregnant change the Min Income requirments?

Hui really wants to have a baby she is thinking she is getting to old. (38) Dont tell her I told you her age or it's a mop slap for me....:bullshit:

I want to wait till she gets here to Mesa but she is worried she will be 40 when she has the baby and wants to start now.

What complications could this bring to the K-1 process?

Thanks for the info.

Robert

Hui really wants to have a baby she is thinking she is getting to old. (38) Dont tell her I told you her age or it's a mop slap for me....:baby:

I want to wait till she gets here to Mesa but she is worried she will be 40 when she has the baby and wants to start now.

Thanks for the info.

Robert

Something else to worry about? You are a busy guy :bullshit:

Hui really wants to have a baby she is thinking she is getting to old. (38) Dont tell her I told you her age or it's a mop slap for me....:P

Thanks for the info.

Robert

Something else to worry about? You are a busy guy :baby:

Lol No worrys anymore.... I took what you guys said to heart and let it all go. I am much happier now.... :bullshit: I really owe you guys alot.

Robert

Hui really wants to have a baby she is thinking she is getting to old. (38) Dont tell her I told you her age or it's a mop slap for me....:unsure:

Thanks for the info.

Robert

Excellent news. I can't be much help on how it may affect the K-1 process, but I do think it would be much easier on any process if the baby is born in the US.

My Daughter was born in Shanghai. The process of getting her a Chinese birth certificate was a bit difficult only because they wanted to shorten her name on it. The birth certificate isn't meant to fit western names.

Getting everything from the consulate was very easy because we were married. It will be more difficult if you are not married.

I would reccomend waiting until she gets to america because the hospital we went to was a chop shop. Something like 66% of the babies came by way of C-Section. Also the rooms were terrible!

But my wife was scared as first moms usually are and it made her feel very comfortable being with Chinese Doctors and having nothing lost in translation for her.

We will have the second baby at Scottsdale North.

I wasn't willing to even hear the idea of a child, until my wife was here in the US and we were somewhat situated.

Better to wait until she gets here and you have been together long enough to see if you're compatible.

She has enoungh to adjust to, besides a small child. Waiting sounds wise to me. JMHO

glad to hear your energy levels have shifted from one head to another :blink:

Before we advised to keep one head in it's place.. seems the advice is the same for the other head :surrender:

In the way back past, a pregnant K1 was not a favorable thing in GZ eyes, but I can't say I've heard much of it in the last few years. I think I'd wait till she's in the US; the first 6-12 months can be very difficult adjustment... I think you'll want to be busy then... Now, she may not understand all this logic and also, some chinese feel there is an age which one doesn't have a baby after that point. So realize may very well feel a deadline approaching. Talk it out.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

There are also health issues for her and the baby. Having a baby in one's late 30s raises the risk of complications for the mother and a lot higher risk of the child being a downs syndrome baby. This isn't a puppy, you cant take it to the pound if you don't like it.

Hui really wants to have a baby she is thinking she is getting to old. (38) Dont tell her I told you her age or it's a mop slap for me....:ph34r:

Thanks for the info.

Robert

This one I'll reply to....since I had a similar request, prior to the marriage and the K1 visa issuance - due to age.

This was one point that I wouldn't agree to. Without dwelling on my age issue, the issue I had was not knowing what I didn't know about her past, any skeletons that might come out of the closet in terms of the process, problems with GUZ and the issue of medical care etc.

I really believe that the correct sequence in the K1 process is K1 approval, enter US, marriage, pregnancy. I had another set of legal issues that were big "detractors" for getting married and having a baby outside the us - but they dealt with financial, company, trust, and other considerations that others may not have to deal with.

Ok, the health of the mother. Since my Jin was over 35 - I knew that she was destined for a ton of tests that were mandatory for over 35's as well as she had a hyperthyroid condition that exacerbated both conception (perhaps) and management of a "high risk" pregnancy...which by definition is over 35.

I have found 5 Chinese doctors for her - 2 of which can speak Mandarin. This has helped in her transition. The 6th place we had to go for "high end - ultrasound and the tri/quad blood tests (a second opinion and high end testing) also had a Chinese doctor - where he and his wife were just leaving to pick up their new "adopted baby" from a Fuzhou orphanage. They adopted a baby with a "small but correctable physical" problem as he had aged out of the ability to adopt in China for a "perfect child". The bottom line, there are a lot of Chinese doctors - and there are a battery of "normal tests" that will be accomplished in the US, that will not even be considered in CHina - that are absolutely required for high risk (old) pregnancies. To not accomplish these tests would, at least in my mind, be somewhat irresponsible - especially in light of the attendant problems that would be encountered if the parents decided to go to term with the Child. (This is a side note - you may want to vet this "thought" with your propective Chinese wife and mother - because there are huge cultural differences in how this subject is received in China vice the US--- as I found out)

Ok, Jin has been in the US 11 months on the 19th and is 27 weeks pregnant. She has the best of care with all tests resulting in a perfectly normal baby and her hyperthyroid is doing as expected and under great management by the Chinese (she's a banana - Yellow on outside - white on the inside - can't speak a word of Chinese) endocrinologist. Things are really proceeding along nicely and in retrospect I think the sequence has worked out great. (It was also nice to hand the marriage certificate and the letter from the Doctor attesting to pregnancy at AOS -- all on track - in sequence - and if we were English we would say "quite proper").

Bottom line, I think you could do it either way, but my observation while living in CHina and seeing the "cousins wife" have her baby and how everything progressed etc, rooms, cleanliness, methodology,.....I just swore I would never let Jin have a baby in China. I'm sure that if there was no other way - the baby would generally be safe - but I know for a fact that extensive testing is not somthing they are used to doing.

So, my vote would be to persuade her to get your sequence lined up with the intent of the K1, be a fiancee - get the visa, arrive in the US - get married and try for the baby as soon as practical after getting to the hotel room. Your mileage may vary - as you might want to check the "chances of conception" in women over 35. We used a fertility doctor because of the age/hyperthyroid conditions - and ensured that we had "proper stimulation" through administration of the appropriate drugs and that "sperm on target" was a Dr. responsibility rather than an old guy (me) "shot in the dark". She conceived - on the first try!!!

Ok, more than you asked for, but there are a lot of considerations when doing what she wants either now or when she arrives in the US. Best of luck on your decision --- as well as trying to keep the proverbial horse in front of the cart----not easy with Chinese women with ticking time clocks!!!!

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)