My I751 status

Yeah, I just seen that. That's awesome. I always thought you were way ahead of me, though, so I was kind of surprised to see you had just sent off your docs. Good luck!! We'll see who has the least speedbumps. ;-) Unfortunately I have to rely on the Califronia service center....

Yeah, I just seen that. That's awesome. I always thought you were way ahead of me, though, so I was kind of surprised to see you had just sent off your docs. Good luck!! We'll see who has the least speedbumps. ;-) Unfortunately I have to rely on the Califronia service center....

Could have sent it off more 2 months before we did, but took time to get together all the paperwork, and some sworn affidavits from friends.

Still waiting for EAC# to show up on the USCIS status site.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple updates:

- 09/15/09 got NOA receipt

- 09/24/09 got appointment for biometrics. appointment is for 10/02/09

Same here, biometrics on October 2, in Buffalo.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in the process of filing I-751, so would like to seek some help from you guys:

1. ltr from friends: does the letter need to be hand written? Can it be printed from word and signed by my friends? They need to be notorized right?

2. tax return: do I need to submit the past two years of tax returns or the most recent one?

Tks and good luck to all!

Thanks David for this helpful thread. I have the following questions:

1. Ltr from friends: Should this letter be hand written? Can it be written in word, printed, and then signed by my friends? Also, do they need to be mailed to us (with envelope) or simply just need to be a piece of notorized paper?

2. Tax return: does it need to the most current tax return or the past two years tax returns?

1. YES can be typed and then signed infornt of a notary, does not need to be is an envelope.

2. Past two years showing joint filing, and should be current returns (2008 is current year), I ordered transcripts and sent the transcripts, not returns.

NOTE: Send photo copies of these things and keep the originals filed in a safe place.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=517962 Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

New update!

"On October 13, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

So, we now have the GC and just have to wait a few weeks to get it! Pretty fast, eh? Thanks to anyone who has helped on this path and good luck to everyone else waiting!

:lol:

New update!

"On October 13, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

So, we now have the GC and just have to wait a few weeks to get it! Pretty fast, eh? Thanks to anyone who has helped on this path and good luck to everyone else waiting!

B)

Super fast! Which center did you mail the I-751 too?

Hopefully ours is handled as quickly.

New update!

B)

Super fast! Which center did you mail the I-751 too?

Hopefully ours is handled as quickly.

California.

Howdy, everyone!

I just mailed off our I751 on 09/03/09. Today, 09/09/09, my check was cashed and posted to my account today.

Let the roller coaster begin.... :lol:

I have a question, did your wife received any temp. GC while she is waiting for a new one? Since there is a time between her 2 yr card expires till new one. ?

Thank you

Howdy, everyone!

I just mailed off our I751 on 09/03/09. Today, 09/09/09, my check was cashed and posted to my account today.

Let the roller coaster begin.... :)

I have a question, did your wife received any temp. GC while she is waiting for a new one? Since there is a time between her 2 yr card expires till new one. ?

Thank you

The I-751 NOA1 Receipt notice IS the temp green-card.

Howdy, everyone!

Let the roller coaster begin.... :)

Thank you

As dnoblett said the NOA is the temp GC. That's why it's important to file ASAP.

-------------------

So yesterday we got the actual 10yr GC in the mail. We mailed things off on 09/03/09 and got the physical card 10/17/09 for a total of 6 weeks. That's for record keeping by whomever...