need help, confusing.

Some facts you've stated make me inclined to urge caution:

He is 39, jobless, and can't afford an air ticket. How could he possibly provide for you in America? Living a good lifestyle here is relatively expensive.

If he was in his early 20's and not yet financially independent, it wouldn't be such a concern. IMHO

big loser ,huh?

i know 39years old man jobless is not good,but what i really care about is if we can get along very well,find some1 really loves u from bottom of his heart is more improtant,also i didnt mean that money is nothing,i want to be with him even we dont have lots of money,i can do some work or something like that,but the situation is he cant give me confidence right now,so if he keep doing this to me,i will say bye bye.

Hi "Mood" ... My Fiancee and I talked for 11 months before I went to visit her. My job moved out of country, but no problem, I sold my little farm tractor so I could visit my Fiancee, in April 2009 for 3 weeks. I applied for K1 Fiancee Visa in May 2009. If your boyfriend believes you are meant to be together, he will find a way to come visit you. Good Luck....

he doesnt even want to be my boyfriend right now ,chit

he said we meant to be together,and he will come over here ,but everytime i asked him when?he said i dont know,i really dont know,i need to find a job first.

i said will you keep me waiting for like 1year?or even longer?he said no.

but right now nomatter what he say ,i just want to see his action,if there is nothing untill feb 2010,i prefer to end all of this,.

you've spent a year talking and have not meet. It's hard to gauge his sincerity and maybe more importantly his true situation. Was he married before (or when you first started to talk)?

You said you think to meet as soon as possible is best; then said you guys decided to wait because he lost his job. Was that decision more yours or his? Did you really want him to wait now that he lost his job? Does this give you a feeling of less security or any face issues if he comes to china and meets people but has not job?

The issue of his saying "we are not lover yet" can be taken more than one way; you may feel he is playing a bit of a game, back and forth with how he seems to define the relationship;

On the other hand, some can be very literal at times with their words, and so his meaning could be: Right now, you are not truly lovers since you have not meet and established that true personal connection.

I will say this: I think more americans have a need to see the person in real life and spend time with them before they are able to make that full and final step to a committed relationship. This is a normal feeling.

I do recognize that some chinese "feel" the steps to a committed relationship can start before meeting, and therefore words are important during this stage since they really help to define the relationship.

I will only warn you of this: I think in chinese culture that if a man comes to visit, many chinese will feel like the relationship is secure to really happen. But some americans just don't think this way. For some, they might want to just "see how it goes" (ie: go with the flow). So, you should realize this before you decide if you want the man to meet your family... if he is not truly sure himself until he comes to meet you. And do you want to meet someone who comes over and is not sure after talking a year?

thanks for your opinion!

its not about less security or any face issues ,im sure about that.

and also decied to wait is our decision.its much better for him,cus job comes first.

about the to"see how it goes",we both agree that to feel some1 in real life is more improtant so we'd like to meet each other in person so that we can find out if we feel the same way as we were on the internet.if we do like each other then start the relationship,if we dont,we just need to move on,we both 90%sure about we will like each other but no one can 100% sure about this,i mean anything is possible,right?just need to meet in real life that feel more real to us.

gosh im so comfused right now dont even know what am i talking about.

i guess i just wanna find out the result that make me push myself so hard.

just he said he loves me but dont wanna being lover with me ,this stuff bother me.

although he gives me some reason i still feel he is kind of playing game with me.

we had talking for almost a year but just start to think about the relationship for over 3months,maybe i am pushing too hard,maybe i think too much ,i dont know.

do i want to meet some1 who is not sure about this after talking for a year?

do i want to

do i want to

i need to meet him,bcs being far away,just typing and talking just not enought,i need to feel the real person.

if you ask me if i can 100% sure that he is the right one to me,i cant say it.

so thats why i need to meet him

forgive me type so much nonsense

i guess i need time to think about these stuff.

mood: David preaty much nailed it.

We all go through this stage of confusion at first.

My wife and i talked about the same things you are now.

Though we only talked for 6 month and i went to Chongqing.

I knew in my hart she was the one for me.

Now 3 years latter, My wife has been in the U.S. for two years and we have been married for three wonderful years.

My only advise to you is: Listen to your hart and feel what your hart says.

If it feels right! Go for it!!

If it feels wrong? Stop!! get out!

Better now to find out than latter?

just these things bother me.i need time to think about this,

beside these stuff we get along really well

i will listen to my heart i will slow down to see what happen,i wish he could give me some confidence,otherwise we have to move on.

thanks for your reply.

He is 39, jobless, and can't afford an air ticket. How could he possibly provide for you in America? Living a good lifestyle here is relatively expensive.

If he was in his early 20's and not yet financially independent, it wouldn't be such a concern. IMHO

big loser ,huh?

i know 39years old man jobless is not good,but what i really care about is if we can get along very well,find some1 really loves u from bottom of his heart is more improtant,also i didnt mean that money is nothing,i want to be with him even we dont have lots of money,i can do some work or something like that,but the situation is he cant give me confidence right now,so if he keep doing this to me,i will say bye bye.

Maybe not a loser. Times are hard for many good people.

However, starting over again at middle age is not the time to consider bringing a woman from a foreign country to America to begin a marriage. Love is blind. But, the old saying "love conquers all" is false.

In a situation where you would be so far from your family and the support you've had all of your life, practical matters must carry more weight.

big loser ,huh?

Maybe not a loser. Times are hard for many good people.

However, starting over again at middle age is not the time to consider bringing a woman from a foreign country to America to begin a marriage. Love is blind. But, the old saying "love conquers all" is false.

In a situation where you would be so far from your family and the support you've had all of your life, practical matters must carry more weight.

i know,maybe you are right,he never say this to me,just said he will be fine,and if there is anything he will let me know,

for now there is nothing between us yet,not relationship,nothing.

i will slow down,be carefull ,be cool.

you've spent a year talking and have not meet. It's hard to gauge his sincerity and maybe more importantly his true situation. Was he married before (or when you first started to talk)?

You said you think to meet as soon as possible is best; then said you guys decided to wait because he lost his job. Was that decision more yours or his? Did you really want him to wait now that he lost his job? Does this give you a feeling of less security or any face issues if he comes to china and meets people but has not job?

The issue of his saying "we are not lover yet" can be taken more than one way; you may feel he is playing a bit of a game, back and forth with how he seems to define the relationship;

On the other hand, some can be very literal at times with their words, and so his meaning could be: Right now, you are not truly lovers since you have not meet and established that true personal connection.

I will say this: I think more americans have a need to see the person in real life and spend time with them before they are able to make that full and final step to a committed relationship. This is a normal feeling.

I do recognize that some chinese "feel" the steps to a committed relationship can start before meeting, and therefore words are important during this stage since they really help to define the relationship.

I will only warn you of this: I think in chinese culture that if a man comes to visit, many chinese will feel like the relationship is secure to really happen. But some americans just don't think this way. For some, they might want to just "see how it goes" (ie: go with the flow). So, you should realize this before you decide if you want the man to meet your family... if he is not truly sure himself until he comes to meet you. And do you want to meet someone who comes over and is not sure after talking a year?

thanks for your opinion!

and also decied to wait is our decision.its much better for him,cus job comes first.

about the to"see how it goes",we both agree that to feel some1 in real life is more improtant so we'd like to meet each other in person so that we can find out if we feel the same way as we were on the internet.if we do like each other then start the relationship,if we dont,we just need to move on,we both 90%sure about we will like each other but no one can 100% sure about this,i mean anything is possible,right?just need to meet in real life that feel more real to us.

just he said he loves me but dont wanna being lover with me ,this stuff bother me.

although he gives me some reason i still feel he is kind of playing game with me.

we had talking for almost a year but just start to think about the relationship for over 3months,maybe i am pushing too hard,maybe i think too much ,i dont know.

do i want to

do i want to

i need to meet him,bcs being far away,just typing and talking just not enought,i need to feel the real person.

Now 3 years latter, My wife has been in the U.S. for two years and we have been married for three wonderful years.

i will listen to my heart i will slow down to see what happen,i wish he could give me some confidence,otherwise we have to move on.

thanks for your reply.

i wish he could give me some confidence

Have you expressed your concerns and how you feel about this?

The reason i ask is because.

my wife has a girl friend in Chongqing and her friend has ben chating with this U.S. man for over 4 years now.

this man will send her money but has NEVER!! went to meet her in person yet.

Now there are two sides to this story and both are not good.

1) The U.S. man is just playing her and sending money.

But has no intension's to go and meet her.

He lies to her and makes excuses why he can't come to meet her at this time.

2) The Chinese woman will believe anything his man says to her and she said she will wait for him. ( 4 years i remind you!!)

Both questions you must yourself WHY!!

Don't go down this road, Please!!

Mike

thanks for your opinion!

do i want to

do i want to

thanks for your reply.

my wife has a girl friend in Chongqing and her friend has ben chating with this U.S. man for over 4 years now.

2) The Chinese woman will believe anything his man says to her and she said she will wait for him. ( 4 years i remind you!!)

Mike

4years???hell no,noway,i wont wait that long,also i already told him whats on my mind,he keep telling me he will come over here,thats all

im not stupid,just confused,now i decied to slow down if 6 months later still the same,i wont wait nomore.

thanks for your opinion!

do i want to

do i want to

thanks for your reply.

Mike

4years???hell no,noway,i wont wait that long,also i already told him whats on my mind,he keep telling me he will come over here,thats all

im not stupid,just confused,now i decied to slow down if 6 months later still the same,i wont wait nomore.

Very good moon: You seam to be very smart and are just looking for answers. I understand you are confused.

6 months would be a good time frame to work with.

Hang in there, Things will work out for ya.

Take care.

Mike

thanks for your opinion!

do i want to

do i want to

thanks for your reply.

Mike

Very good moon: You seam to be very smart and are just looking for answers. I understand you are confused.

6 months would be a good time frame to work with.

Hang in there, Things will work out for ya.

Take care.

Mike

Thank you so much Mike, you understand me,yes i just looking for anwers,just here to know whats your opinions,in the fact he is the only one who can give me answer,or he tell me via his action,by then i will make up my mind if i should go on or give up.thanks again.

sorry to say... if it takes 18 months to see.. this is just too practical a relationship. If it's meant to be, it doesn't take 18 months to know it. It might take about 18 chats....

One of you two (if not both) may be settling for way less than you want... if that's what you truly want... I'm right back to the fact that 18 months isn't needed to spell this out.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry to say... if it takes 18 months to see.. this is just too practical a relationship. If it's meant to be, it doesn't take 18 months to know it. It might take about 18 chats....

One of you two (if not both) may be settling for way less than you want... if that's what you truly want... I'm right back to the fact that 18 months isn't needed to spell this out.

I agree with David Z.

but right now nomatter what he say ,i just want to see his action,if there is nothing untill feb 2010,i prefer to end all of this,.

Hell.. if deadlines are the pragmatic approach.... may as well cut him some slack seeing that the Mayan's predict 2012 as some sort of end of something... it implies (for those optimist among us) the start of something new.

When you close your eyes and you don't see him in 2012 it means either he is not your future or the Mayan's were right :D