Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock

Guangzhou has always been pretty fast in responding to my e-mails. On the average I have been pinging them once every week and a half. The last two e-mails I sent, the first one they replied in about two hours, and next one they replied within 24 hours. Go figure. If they were only this fast with them P3's...

Jerry

It is quite possible that the Embassy has been burried in e-mails over the last week or so.

Once the news hit that the P3 packets were being put together, everyone with any applications anywhere in processing must have sent 2 or 3 e-mail messages to the Embassy.

I still recommend patience.

Why ask whether your P3 packet has been mailed when you really need to just wait for it to arrive in the mail 2 or 3 days later.

Use e-mail as a tool to verify that your application has not been lost, or misrouted. You don't want to take too much time away from processing your applications do you?

I know how hard it is to wait and wait and wonder what is happening... But, the e-mail won't speed up the applications. I have tried to pace myself, and send a note the first week of every month.

----- Clifford -----

Use e-mail as a tool to verify that your application has not been lost, or misrouted.  

Ah, if only this was possible... :P

The only answers that they send, as far as I know, are:

1. We have not seen your file.

2. We have processed your file.

Until you get answer 2, you have no way of knowing if your file has been lost or misrouted. :( And once your file has been in there for over three months (even the FAQ on their web site acknowledges that waiting over three months for P3 is not the norm), well, you kind of want someone to notice...

It's also not clear to me that answering e-mail reduces the resources they spend on processing applications. In some large organizations, if you're idle and your co-worker next cubicle over is buried with work, you go take a coffee break. Been to a post office lately? :)

Jerry

If you have ever been to the consulate in GZ, you will find that the people are standing around BS ing with others in the offices. You have more to loss by not writing once a week, than writing. Once a week is not more than they can handle and like Jerry said, you have more chance to see if your P-3 was lost in route. Remember you are dealing with government people.

One thing everyone should think about. We are dealing with the Federal government, not local government. There is no excuse why a person living on the East Coast should get approval for I-129 in 10 to 14 days when a person living someplace else most wait 3 or 4 months. The IRS doesn't say, OH! you live in Ca. so your taxes arent do till June 15 and not April 15. This visa process should be equally fair for all parts of the country and the processing at GZ should also be first in first out, but not so. It is one delay after another. Any e-mails you receive from GZ that are to petitioner have been computer generated, get use to that. When they answer your e-mail it will be addressed to your name. You don't take time from the VO's by your e-mails. there are people there that are paid with your money to write e-mails to you and that is all they do. When was the last time you ever went to any government office and saw people running around doing everything??? The longer each petition take the less other people will want to start a petition. Who, knowingly wants to start a relationship knowing it is goint to take 2 years to be >maybe< together. I the government wanted, every visa petition could be finsihed in 1 month, isn't that what we spent all this money for Homeland Security Department for?