Monday meeting for Petitioners

homemade

Can anyone tell me if going to the Monday metting will help with a refusal on grounds of bona fide relationship

I may be wrong about this but I think that once you get the white slip..NOIR, it is turned back over to USCIS at the service center where your petition was processed

Can anyone tell me if going to the Monday metting will help with a refusal on grounds of bona fide relationship

GZ has many colors. :rolleyes:

From reading your short post. :huh:

You must have gotten a BLUE or maybe even a WHITE slip?

What color do you have?

With out knowing what you have and more details, How can we help you?

GZ has many colors. :lol:

From reading your short post. :blink:

What color do you have?

We got a white letter being refused because of not having boni fide relationship. 221 (g). It also says the file will returned the states for review or possible revocation.

From what I read there is not much recoarse from this very unfair judgement of our relations.

The other thought is to be married in China and then apply for other type of visa. Is this possible? Would it make a difference if we were married in China?

GZ has many colors. :o

From reading your short post. :o

What color do you have?

We got a white letter being refused because of not having boni fide relationship. 221 (g). It also says the file will returned the states for review or possible revocation.

From what I read there is not much recoarse from this very unfair judgement of our relations.

The other thought is to be married in China and then apply for other type of visa. Is this possible? Would it make a difference if we were married in China?

It did for me.

From reading your short post. :eatyum:

What color do you have?

There have been a few members try this route and worked well.

Like chilton747 worked great for him.

Spend some time with chilton747, He know all about WHITE slips.

Going to the Monday ACH will not help to change the white slip. The decision has already been made. With that said, you can go and ask to speak to the Con Off who gave your fiance the White Slip. Ask specifically for all of the reasons that the visa was refused. Make sure that you get all of the reasons. This information may be useful for front loading documentation on your next visa application (see below)

If you have more than a few red flags the Con Off will automatically give you a white slip. This appears to be standard procedure.

In my opinion, this is done in lieu of a fraud investigation because of a lack of man power.

Also in my opinion, this is a test of your relationship by the DOS.

If the current trend continues, your file will be returned to the Service Center in a few months. You will receive a letter from the Service Center which will probably state that the K-1 Petition has expired. If it says anything else you may need to respond, make sure of how you need to respond.

What you need to do from this point is demonstrate that you have a Bonified Relationship. You do this by marrying your SO. Then filing for an I-130 CR-1 visa. When it comes up, apply for the Electronic Processing. When you are in China to marry, open a joint banking account. Also, take out a life insurance policy here in the states with your wife as beneficiary. Continue to document your relationship with emails, letters, Webcam chat logs, phone calls, money sent and flowers sent etc. Go visit her at least a couple of times after the wedding. These actions demonstrate that you have a committed ongoing relationship.

When you are in GZ for your wife's interview, go to the ACS, and have your NOR letter notarized. This will give you a chance to talk with a Con Off. Many times the Con Off that you talk to will be the one who interviews your wife.

By doing all of this, you will have demonstrated to the DOS that you indeed have a Bonifide Relationship, and they will feel comfortable issuing the visa.

Best of luck

Edited by Stepbrow (see edit history)

From reading your short post. :lol:

What color do you have?

It did for me.

I know of another member that this has backfired on. It depends on exactly what the denial was for and if a mark of mis-representation is on the denial. This other member got denied a K-1 and simply married and filed an I-130 for a CR-1 and got denied again the CR-1. You may need to address the K-1 denial.

This was written about a few years ago by Ellis.

Lawyers ¨C Be Careful Here!

Now in many cases where a K-1 has been delayed, refused or denied at a US Consulate, lawyers have advised clients to simply get married and file and I-130. That is not good advice, unless the attorney also advises the petitioner to pay close attention to the K-1 that has been sent back to the Service Center from the consulate.

If a Service Center begins a revocation proceeding for that K-1 petition, a petitioner¡¯s failure to respond will mean that DHS will revoke the approval of the petition. When that happens, the 212(a)(6)(c )(i) that is pending in our beneficiary file, will become hard finding of Misrepresentation, under 9 FAM 40.63 N10.1 (above).

A Rude Surprise at the Second Consular Interview

Our love birds have followed their lawyer¡¯s advice and forgotten about the K-1 petition. A NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) letter comes in the mail and petitioner calls his lawyer. The lawyer says,

¡°Don¡¯t worry about it. She¡¯s your wife now. The K-1 petition is irrelevant.¡±

The lovebirds have taken the plunge and married. The petitioner has made another costly visit to the foreign country; bought another round trip airplane ticket, and maybe he has even sprung for a costly wedding ceremony.

An I-130 Petition for his new bride has been filed. And it is approved by the DHS Service Center. What will happen when his new wife appears at the US Consulate for her next interview?

Because the petitioner did not respond to the K-1 revocation notice, the beneficiary has a 212(a)(6)(c )(i) finding on her record. Even if the petition for her is approved, she is permanently barred from entering the US, unless she can obtain a waiver to that ground of inadmissibility.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Need more details.

like you said that was a few years ago. Alot has changed.. is there a update version ?

From reading your short post. :blink:

What color do you have?

It did for me.

I know of another member that this has backfired on. It depends on exactly what the denial was for and if a mark of mis-representation is on the denial. This other member got denied a K-1 and simply married and filed an I-130 for a CR-1 and got denied again the CR-1. You may need to address the K-1 denial.

This was written about a few years ago by Ellis.

Lawyers ¨C Be Careful Here!

Now in many cases where a K-1 has been delayed, refused or denied at a US Consulate, lawyers have advised clients to simply get married and file and I-130. That is not good advice, unless the attorney also advises the petitioner to pay close attention to the K-1 that has been sent back to the Service Center from the consulate.

If a Service Center begins a revocation proceeding for that K-1 petition, a petitioner¡¯s failure to respond will mean that DHS will revoke the approval of the petition. When that happens, the 212(a)(6)(c )(i) that is pending in our beneficiary file, will become hard finding of Misrepresentation, under 9 FAM 40.63 N10.1 (above).

A Rude Surprise at the Second Consular Interview

Our love birds have followed their lawyer¡¯s advice and forgotten about the K-1 petition. A NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) letter comes in the mail and petitioner calls his lawyer. The lawyer says,

¡°Don¡¯t worry about it. She¡¯s your wife now. The K-1 petition is irrelevant.¡±

The lovebirds have taken the plunge and married. The petitioner has made another costly visit to the foreign country; bought another round trip airplane ticket, and maybe he has even sprung for a costly wedding ceremony.

An I-130 Petition for his new bride has been filed. And it is approved by the DHS Service Center. What will happen when his new wife appears at the US Consulate for her next interview?

Because the petitioner did not respond to the K-1 revocation notice, the beneficiary has a 212(a)(6)(c )(i) finding on her record. Even if the petition for her is approved, she is permanently barred from entering the US, unless she can obtain a waiver to that ground of inadmissibility.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Need more details.

Edited by benc (see edit history)

You should go if you can but it may not do you any good. My company wasn't able to give me time off for the interview and my wife got the bone fied relationship white slip even though she had a letter from me and my company. I went to the session 2 weeks later and they wouldn't tell me anything but it is in the computer that I was there which is a plus. I was in Guangzhou in May and our file arrived in the US last week and was sent to USCIS on Tuesday. Hopefully we will get a quick response. Expect for your file to bounce around the mailroom for a bit before it gets sent back. It should arrive in the US in about 3.5 to 4 months.

JBHypno