Expected amount of required Income?

Ok I am trying to figure out what the required Income will be for me. The Income requirment for 3 of us 22,887, however I put my son down as a partial dependent on the K-1 the lawyer says they will take that in to account and the requirment will be reduced.

Anyone know about this? I have been trying to figure out the new required income. I dont think I will have a problem either way but I tend to be a very big worry wart for lack of a better term.

any advise will be helpful.

Robert

There is not INCOME REQUIREMENT per se. But you've already answered yourself as to the 2009 poverty guidelines 125%. What can be newer than 2009?

What the VO goes by is being satisfied that the immigrating alien will not become a 'public charge'. The poverty guideline is just an easy pseudo-test, but the reality is that a VO will look at what is called the 'totality of the circumstances'.

You can read about all this in the 9FAM, which is the field guide for VOs.

Here is the top level linK:

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/c22167.htm

see 40.41 for public charge

see 41.81 for fiancee visas

I sense you need something to keep you busy.. 9FAM should do it :P

There is not INCOME REQUIREMENT per se. But you've already answered yourself as to the 2009 poverty guidelines 125%. What can be newer than 2009?

What the VO goes by is being satisfied that the immigrating alien will not become a 'public charge'. The poverty guideline is just an easy pseudo-test, but the reality is that a VO will look at what is called the 'totality of the circumstances'.

I sense you need something to keep you busy.. 9FAM should do it ;)

[/quote

I sense you need something to keep you busy.. 9FAM should do it ;).

now that is funny :P .

I think that you should at least line up a co-sponsor just in case. Be prepaired for all possiblities.

I sense you need something to keep you busy.. 9FAM should do it ;)

I sense you need something to keep you busy.. 9FAM should do it ;).

now that is funny ;) .

I think that you should at least line up a co-sponsor just in case. Be prepaired for all possiblities.

:P Now you spoiled all the fun reading that point ;)