NEW K1 APPLICANT W/ MANY QUESTIONS?!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you put the address in Chinese?

----- Clifford -----

On a continuation sheet.

Whew,........ You almost gave me a heart attack..... Just as I was cooking up som juicy Hamburger too :P

I see it now.

Yep, I had managed to type it in Cyrillic and convert it into a GIF/JPG to embed it into the PDF file.

All is ok.... :D

----- Clifford -----

Where did you put the address in Chinese?

----- Clifford -----

On a continuation sheet.

Whew,........ You almost gave me a heart attack..... Just as I was cooking up som juicy Hamburger too :P

I see it now.

Yep, I had managed to type it in Cyrillic and convert it into a GIF/JPG to embed it into the PDF file.

All is ok.... :D

----- Clifford -----

COOL! B)

Many Chinese use their place of employment to receive mail so there was that address and her home address as well and that one little line on the App was hardly big enough even to write "please see continuation sheet"...:D.

The funny thing is that NVC used the home address after I have pointed out that the mail is to be received at her place of employment....go figure! :P

The reason I mentioned the business about putting the address in Chinese characters is that we went through a hassle with this that, in fact, caused us to fall into the famous Black Hole. Our original forms had the address in Chinese characters, however, GZ claimed it did not. So what did they do? They sent our P3 to my stateside address. :P

I was living in China at the time.

What did this result in?

A five week delay in getting P3. A big deal in and of itself. A bigger deal in that this pushed our interview date past August 1, 2002, the day they stopped issuing same day visas and created the Black Hole. Later they apologized for making this mistake but even with the apology, it was too late. We were in the Black Hole. One little error....one little error and an additional eight months of waiting. We should have been interviewed in July 2002 and given same day visa. Instead, we were interviewed August 20 and got the Visa on March 10, 2003.

What is even more weird is that the GZ computer system will not accomodate Chinese characters. Odd that our Consulate in China runs a system that cannot handle Chinese. But then, nothing surprises me at this point. :D

I don't recall if the forms require a birth certificate from her for the I-129F or not but you will need one eventually. It may be cheaper to have it all done at once. Dont send in the originals she will need them at interview. Make copies and hold on to the originals until you are sure you won't get an RFE. I found a simple form somewhere where I stated that the copies were copies of certified notarized documents. I would include the birth certificate for her anyway. You can't have too much evidence. Did I mention that you should photocopy your passport visa stamps? its proof you've been there.

Carl

Did I mention that you should photocopy your passport visa stamps? its proof you've been there. 

Carl

Actually,

You can send a copy of your passport instead of a birth certificate. There was something about when it was issued. Be careful to pay attention to the age of the passport if it is your first passport. I presume that if it is your second or third passport, (or more), it doesn't make any difference how long you have had it. I sent copies of my current passport and the next most recent one.

If you send your passport, you will need to photocopy EVERY page, including, the blank ones, I think.

------ Clifford -----

I need to send a copy of my birth certificate or passport to him for the interview?? where does it say this? is it just for proof that i have been there?

do i need to send all of the proof that i submitted from the beginning for proof of relationship to him for him to bring to his interview? that included pics of us together, which he has some of his own he will bring, my passport pages with visas, stamps, etc, my plane ticket receipts, boarding passes, etc. do i need to send him a copy of all that to bring with him to the interview, or do they already have that in their possession??

also, does anyone know anything about if the sponsor for the avidavit of support has to send his birth certificate? my dad is the sponsor, and i thought i read somehwere a while ago that he needed his birth certificate for some sponsor requirement, but i didn't see it anywhere stated on the I-134 or paperwork...does anyone know?

thanks!

kimnjake

Guest blsqueaky

If I remember correctly, the G-325 has to be in english, with her signature in Chinese. If I also remember correctly, I had my wife put her address on the 129F form in Chinese, also on the 130

Cliff, I sent a copy of the Passport, but only the one page, and that was just to pack up my German Birth Certificate. I know that I also enclosed copies of our marriage decree in both chinese and english, so I guess that this show that I was definately there.

welcome ahhming888, and good luck with your quest. when your Fiancee send you the G-325A make many copies of it and everything else she sends. Get lots of folders and keep everything and anything. also when she sends back the G-325A ask her for her Chinese Character address and go to a print shop and make labels of it. You will be sending lots of thing for her and to have the labels will help everything get to her.

The G-325 A needs to be filled out in English. After all they have to be able to read it in Nebraska lol. She needs to sign it at the bottom in English and below that write her name in Chinese. What I would do Ah Ming is fill everything out here on PDF fillable forms. Double check with her that everything is correct. Print it out and send it to her to sign with expicit instructions on where to sign. Actually if she has access to american size paper and adobe acrobat on her computer you could just email her the file and have her print it out and sign it and send it to you.

Carl

Sent out Form 325 to Wen (my Fiancee) via fedex for her to fill out in both chinese and english and return to me so i can send in the Form I-129 to get this journey started.

Ive checked both ups and fedex and 5 days was the fastest it can get there. Thats without any delays. I've been tracking it on the fedex site and noticed already it is delayed in beijing. After looking at the fedex site, I think the place I shipped it at maybe forgot some forms creating such delays.

Is there any alternative in tracking phone records through a less costly serivce? I know the only way i get a record of our phone conversations is when I use the land line to call her. I've talking to her a lot with phone cards but theres no way of keeping record of that.

Soon enough I enter into the enchanted journey, prewarned of the many suprises ahead of me thanks to everyone here at the Candle!

-dan

Is there any alternative in tracking phone records through a less costly serivce?  I know the only way i get a record of our phone conversations is when I use the land line to call her.  I've talking to her a lot with phone cards but theres no way of keeping record of that. 

Dan,

Good luck with your application.

I haven't tried calling China. But, I use 10-10-629 to call Russia. Look up on the internet for discount phone services.

I believe the 10-10-629 was costing me about 19 cents a minute to Russia which seemed quite reasonable, and it is billed onto your home phone number. There wasn't a minimum call length, minimum number of calls to make a month, nor any service charges.

----- Clifford ------

Is there any alternative in tracking phone records through a less costly serivce?  I know the only way i get a record of our phone conversations is when I use the land line to call her.  I've talking to her a lot with phone cards but theres no way of keeping record of that.  

Oh,

I looked up 10-10-629.

China is

13 Cents a minute

To use the service, look it up on the internet. You will find several companies advertising the service. Pick an "activation code", and call it.

The one thing I forget most frequently is the "1-area code" when dialing domestically.

On occasion, I have thought that the phone service gave me a busy signal rather than the destination line.

----- Clifford ------

P.S. I believe that some people use computer chatting (including voice and video) which is essentially free as long as both people have good network connections.