RFE but in China teaching and staying with my wife

Well got the dreaded RFE but I am still happy because I am doing fine teaching in Deyang and living with my wife. I taught my first class today and was a lot easier then I thought it would be for now. Just hope I can keep the interest of the students and let them learn English. I have not learned what the RFE is yet waiting for my lawyer to get back in touch with me so we can work out and get my lao po her visa.

Haven't heard from you in a while!!

Glad the teaching is coming along!!!

Post more often regarding you teaching and living and experiences. Let me live vicariously in China!!

tell us about the pay, the living, the school, the hours, the ...etc!!

Mike

Well so far I have only 4 classes for the first 3 weeks of teaching 2 on Wednesdays and 2 on Fridays and both days are the same students for 2 consecutive classes. After 3 weeks I will get more classes when the freshmen finish their boot camp type of training. The pay is not much but I have been given a apartment a short walk from campus with internet and fully furnished.

Too tell you about my stay so far. I arrived on August 9th very late at night thanks to the pilots of my plane being taken off my plane and put onto a different flight. So we waited 4 hours to get replacement pilots from Beijing to Chengdu. First meal I had when I arrived in Chengdu my wife took me for breakfast at McDonalds even though I just wanted to sleep.

First week in China we went to Jingli Street which is famous for Opera's and the Wou Shou Shrine. Sorry about spelling of these if wrong. I met Larry and Bill in Chengdu two of CFLers here. Then took one day and went to Yaan Mountain and the sight of Two Immortals Bridge. Very scenic mountain and a nice tourist town at the very top. The restaurant and boarding house my grandparents were staying at we had lunch and toured the town. The owner of the restaurant wanted me to take a photo with him in front of his store with the sign in view. Think he will use it for building business. The drive down the mountain was quite scary. Kind of like the Road to Hana in Maui but going down a hill instead of being flat.

The second week we went to Deyang. And visited her home town of Zhongjiang. Another nice town where at dinner with her 10 girlfriends she has not seen in a long time I had to keep drinking beer and got extremely drunk. Think I had 5 beers and I am only used to drinking one.

Third week I have started teaching.