Call logs and Phone records

Hey all I have a question. How do I come up with Phone records....? We have only talked by Phone 2 times. We always use Windows Live MSN and do the Webcam chat for a few hours every day. Is there a way I can show a log of those webchats?

Should I start calling her on her Phone? She will not like to use her cellphone minutes.....:P

Let me know wht you all think is best.

Robert

In our case we never used normal phones to communicate, we used Skype for voice, and Yahoo for IM.

Simply printed screen shots of Skype log and sent this in with our I-129F noteing this is our method of voice communications.

As for IM I printed out the log kept on my PC and some sample chat sessions.

In our case we never used normal phones to communicate, we used Skype for voice, and Yahoo for IM.

Simply printed screen shots of Skype log and sent this in with our I-129F noteing this is our method of voice communications.

As for IM I printed out the log kept on my PC and some sample chat sessions.

Hmmm Msn Dose not keep a Log of when we talked..... Is there a way I can keep records of our chat times? I mean I can type them all out but wont the VO want something official looking?

Hmmm Msn Dose not keep a Log of when we talked..... Is there a way I can keep records of our chat times? I mean I can type them all out but wont the VO want something official looking?

Check your IM program's prefrences, Yahoo can be set to keep a record of all chat sessions. Skype does this too and records any Skype out calls on their website in your account.

If MSN does not offer this, then consider switching to Yahoo, Yahoo can communicate with people that use MSN.

Check your IM program's prefrences, Yahoo can be set to keep a record of all chat sessions. Skype does this too and records any Skype out calls on their website in your account.

If MSN does not offer this, then consider switching to Yahoo, Yahoo can communicate with people that use MSN.

I have copies of all of our chats if this is what you mean. I was thinking like something that showed we used the webcam and voice chat everyday or can I just write a cover letter explaining this?

Skype does keep a log even when voice, webcam, or chat.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I have copies of all of our chats if this is what you mean. I was thinking like something that showed we used the webcam and voice chat everyday or can I just write a cover letter explaining this?

Skype does keep a log even when voice, webcam, or chat.

Web cam is not a real big deal. I f they read any of your sample chats they should be able to see that the 2 of you can see each other while you are chatting. They are more interested in how you communicate than if you can see each other while doing so.

MSN does offer keeping logs.. it's in the options settings.. there's a check mark for "keep logs of conversations"

the thing is MSN is a bit of a bastage... if your MSN crashes, the chat for that session is lost...

so alternatively, you can download -> Messenger Live Plus!

http://www.msgplus.net/

it's an addon for MSN that has "better" logging functions.. but you might not be used to it... ie. MSN doesn't log if you try to connect or if you connect to a video chat session (unless the new version added it in) Messenger Live Plus! will log the text portion of when it starts/ends.

also, there's A-Patch, which also covers Yahoo, removes the advertising/etc and simply makes the chat window more 'cleaner'.

http://apatch.org/

as a PERSONAL OPINION, I think they don't accept this kind of thing officially as evidence..

for our K1, we literally printed out all thousands of pages of our chat logs, and they didn't even bother a look at it..

I also put a notarized letter that explained the logs and that they are genuine... They just sat in the consulate for like 2+ years.. >_>

Side note > after they told me when I went up to the consulate that they were going to NOIR our K1 after 2 years...

They sent my wife a letter for a 2nd interview...

also having the audacity to ask...

"what those things in the binders were" -_-;

Which on obviousness, means they didn't even bother taking a glance to open it... that's over now but anyways..

for our CR1, we printed the continuation of it totaling over 2000+ and brought it to the interview 'just in case' and they didn't even ask for it.

Because I'm one of those digital people, our chat logs are our blood.

I still feel it as an insult that I'd have random people telling me random crap like how

we should have made more phone calls.. (when the obvious choice is VOIP)

without saying, logs can also be faked...

when phone calls can just as much be faked.

someone can call, leave the phone off the hook for x minutes/hours..

with NO record of what is said,

where as logs at least have the content of what is being said along with time stamps..

if someone had the time and energy to blow close to 5 reams of paper to print out logs that are all correctly time stamped, it'd take more energy than just faking a phone call... -_-

sigh..

I guess until they get some teens or more tech influenced people into the consulate, I feel it's hit or miss.. stick to emails and phone records as those would actually be on file either on the mail server or with the phone company... >_>

start using the phone if you want to have a more solid ground on communication proof...otherwise, chat logs is like saying you communicate with singalongs and sock puppets to them. :)

good luck to you.