Our I-130 is on its way to GUZ. We have submitted all the forms requested ie. tax transcripts, pay stubs, I-864 etc. Does she also need to bring copies of all of these documents to the interview and if so why since they have them in our file already.

Thanks.

Gary

Our I-130 is on its way to GUZ. We have submitted all the forms requested ie. tax transcripts, pay stubs, I-864 etc. Does she also need to bring copies of all of these documents to the interview and if so why since they have them in our file already.

Thanks.

Gary

She doesn't have to. It's your choice. Just remember that if they ask for something she doesn't have, it could result in a blue slip.

They may ask for a more current one.

Thanks.

Gary

Taxes and I-864 is one thing, even though it is in your file, that GUZ has a tendency to ask for from the beneficiary. This only makes sense, because it shows you two have talked about and disclosed financial information. Something that is very necessary in a bonafide relationship.

I was speaking with an attorney that is helping us out with our DCF case. She said we should take copies of everything that we've submitted with us during the interview. My wife isn't planning on submitting it, but having it filed away, in case they ask for it.

My hubby had several files when he went in...one of the files was labeled "all submitted documents". I gave him copies of everything from the initial filing of the I-130 to everything else from the packets like the biological information and health exam, etc.

Yes, they already have all of that information, but that does not stop them from asking again.

If I am recalling correctly, the VO did ask my husband for the I-864. He was also asked about the co-sponsor since that was my mom. They may or may not ask but it's better to have it just in case!

She has copies of everything from back when we submitted the K-1 back in 2007, which was denied and sent back to USCIS in July of 2008 and still have not heard anything other than USCIS VT Svs Ctr has it. Just wondered more about the tax transcripts than anything, they do not change unless you cross over into a new tax year before the interview, then it makes sense to make sure she has the latest one for the interview.

I was speaking with an attorney that is helping us out with our DCF case. She said we should take copies of everything that we've submitted with us during the interview. My wife isn't planning on submitting it, but having it filed away, in case they ask for it.

Your attorney is missing an important point of the GUZ process, which takes longer than most every consulate around the world...

to make sure she has the latest one for the interview.

And this is the missing point