Sending SMS text messages to cell phones in China

Does anyone know how to send text messages to cell phones in China via a web page? I'm looking to send my fiancee text messages on her phone but haven't found a web site that can actually do it, though I have found a few which claims to. Her phone service is with China Mobile.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,

I have also been looking and the best answere I have been able to find for this question is the systems are just not compatable. The other problem I am told, is that her phone would need to have the ability to receive English (Latin) text images. :P

The closest thing I have found is that the text system on my NEXTEL allows for international text messaging. I haven't tried it yet because the phone is from my company and I don't know how the charges for the messaging would go over with my boss. ;)

My wife also, as with the majority of China, has China Mobile.

If I find anything, I will gladly let you and all of CFL know.

Best of Luck!

Bryan

Ok I have been able to send text message to China from Nextel cell phone and from website.

However the website only allows numeric free message and it seems that my MM's service only allows me to reply to her messages,( I saved one message now and always reply to it ;) ) She has China mobile with it I use english with no problem let me go find link for other site. BRB

http://sms.eastnet.com.cn/ZF/FreeSend-en.asp

but says for beijing only but not sure I used it for chongqing and it worked

as soon as my kid is done with my cell phone I can get reply address but it wont do you any good as she needs to send you message first

+86139********@ima.rply.net

the + is a nextel thing for international dialing code replace * with phone number but remember this is a reply address and you can not do first message for it, she has to send you message first. I guess it cost them money but it is cheap

Note on nextel: I pay for a package for my text messaging however my employer also provides me with an additional nextel phone that has recieve only for text messaging a few have send and recieve but I think it is part of package and wont cost any more your best bet is ask your boss or call nextel and ask them, I think it is great I chat with her through text messages for a few hours in morning before she sleeps, If you need any help with Nextel just ask I will see what I can find out.

My fiancee is from Hangzhou (near Shanghai) and I tried the web site just to see what would happen. Though nothing happens when I click 'Send' so I don't know if it's working...

I do have access to a Nextel phone; didn't realize they could do international text messaging. So if she needs to message me first, does she just need to enter the phone number of the Nextel phone (with country codes and all)? I'm not a text message user so I don't know how these things normally work... :D

Jerry

My fiancee is from Hangzhou (near Shanghai) and I tried the web site just to see what would happen. Though nothing happens when I click 'Send' so I don't know if it's working...

I do have access to a Nextel phone; didn't realize they could do international text messaging.  So if she needs to message me first, does she just need to enter the phone number of the Nextel phone (with country codes and all)?  I'm not a text message user so I don't know how these things normally work...  :D

Jerry

mine is like this

phone#@messaging.nextel.com

I am not sure how my MM does it from her phone I think the same I will ask her when she wakes up

I know when I reply to her phone it takes less then a minute