New type of water filter

Rather skeptical when the crowd in attendance started clapping immediately when the water began spewing from the "purifier". That clapping seemed a bit staged, as many infomercials do.

Still, be great if it truly works and $150 isn't much if it's a matter of life and death.

was on reddit 17-20 days ago.. but not sure if this is the same water filter thing that was in the news months ago that could like you can filter piss.. or like this system that was like getting water out of thin air for places that have scarce water. O.o

dunno how effective it will be, but you can guess that part of that $150 is mostly hype on possible demand by eco nuts.. just like the green word every company likes to throw around these days ^^;

was on reddit 17-20 days ago.. but not sure if this is the same water filter thing that was in the news months ago that could like you can filter piss.. or like this system that was like getting water out of thin air for places that have scarce water. O.o

dunno how effective it will be, but you can guess that part of that $150 is mostly hype on possible demand by eco nuts.. just like the green word every company likes to throw around these days ^^;

Im in, filtered piss, good to the last drop.

Moving this one to the "Communications, Planes, Shipping" forum, that forum has more to do with travel to and from China, and this item may be something to take to China when on a trip.

I think Brita now has a sports bottle that will accommodate a Brita filter.

While a Brita filter won't stop the viruses, a UV flash lamp can take care of them. While it might be inconvenient to lug around a flash lamp and it's power supply, a few drops of bleach can take care of it!

Also, for the large scale application, one could set up at a common well, charcoal filter and a solar powered flash lamp.

@Gdirt - I've never heard of TED being an infomercial site, or service. Can you expand on that?

I cant help myself, my wife and I sell a filter bottle.

http://images.marketamerica.com/images/USA/shopping/products/zoom/14033.jpg

$19.95

Click the picture for more.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Careful with the water filters installed under the sink. We just got one installed and found out that for every cup of water poured through the filter, about 5 times as much water is wasted.

A tube where the excess filtered water runs through is supposed to be drilled into the pipe to be disposed of. Instead of doing that we let it run in a bucket and found that it wastes a lot of water.

This was especially unnecessary in CA's Bay Area, where tap water is clean and drinkable. You can't really tell the difference between tap water here and bottled spring water.