K-1, White Book Confusion?

I asked a friend. He came to the USA with K-1. He said, when he went to the notary, they gave him papers to sign. The papers are to state that everything is factual. But he doesn't remember if that signed page(s) are included in the white books. And he doesn't have the white books.

A member here said that the white book was missing a signature so they got a blue slip.

I am trying to prevent that from happening for us.

My fiancee also said they asked her to sign for the factual statement. But the signed pages are not included in the white books.

Can someone who just got the white books let me know what is correct? Does the white book include any pages that are signed by your fiance(e)?

Thanks!

None or our white books were signed by my SO. The only thing she signed was a statement that she was not married that was used for the single certificate. But it was not included in that white book.

The notary took that page right?

Right.....she signed the paper at a local CCP office.

None or our white books were signed by my SO. The only thing she signed was a statement that she was not married that was used for the single certificate. But it was not included in that white book.

Thanks for confirming!! I don't know why the other couple had the signature problem. It makes me a little paranoid.

By the way, both my friend and my fiancee said the notary took the original and didn't give back. The kept it for record keeping. Is that what happened with you guys as well?

Thanks for confirming!! I don't know why the other couple had the signature problem. It makes me a little paranoid.

By the way, both my friend and my fiancee said the notary took the original and didn't give back. The kept it for record keeping. Is that what happened with you guys as well?

I do not know what they did with it. It was written on a blue ruled piece of notebook paper. Looked kind of unofficial to me, but it worked.

The police and birth certificates are simple notarial certificates with no statement from the person requesting the certificate.

The single certificate from her (statement of marriageability) is different.

If you get the chance to read it in both English and Chinese, it typically states that I, the undersigned........

My fiancee signed the Chinese version obviously in her Chinese name, which was attached to the English version with her being the Deponent, but she did not sign in English.......

Could a VO be critical of not having both sigs? This I do not know, but definitely have her sign ONE. We DID get the original as well as 4 copies....

And like all cases, it depends on the VO and what they may see as weaknesses or red flags in your specific case.

Hope this helps.

The single certificate from her (statement of marriageability) is different.

I see. It looks like the single certificate differs from province to province. There is no place to sign for my fiancee. I am hoping we won't have any troubles.

Thanks for the insight.

And unlike her police certificate and birth certificate, which she gets from her local office, the office may have no record of her ever being married, since like has been mentioned in the Toot Thread and or common knowledge, a person can pretty much get married anywhere ( Hong Kong, Singapore, Las Vegas, etc)......so difficult for a local Chinese office to know or verify....thus to my thinking......THE STATEMENT

And unlike her police certificate and birth certificate, which she gets from her local office, the office may have no record of her ever being married, since like has been mentioned in the Toot Thread and or common knowledge, a person can pretty much get married anywhere ( Hong Kong, Singapore, Las Vegas, etc)......so difficult for a local Chinese office to know or verify....thus to my thinking......THE STATEMENT

Was the signature on only the original Chinese statement or on the translation as well?