USCIS receipts in our hands, yay!

OK July 30th we sent all our green card papers out, I-485, 131, 765 etc...

Our FedEx Tracking number said it was delivered on the 2nd of Aug. Aug 3rd they had it in there hot little hands according to USCIS's paper work.

On the 11th we got the USCIS receipts back in the mail and now were waiting for the Biometrics appointment.

The check cleared on the 11th too.

Hope this helps anyone tracking time frames. B)

This is great news !!!

After almost 22 months of document writing and waiting, my wife will be arriving here August 16 (YAY). I was wondering if you had found a list of the process, documents that you need to file after POE? I looked on the USCIS website but I could not find anything that explains the entire process after arrival in the US. Beside just enjoying my wifes company, I have no idea what, when and where I should be sending documents.

I had a bad experience with our attorney for the visa, so I think I want to jump this next hurdle myself.

Best of luck in your future,

Ning and Jim...

This is great news !!!

After almost 22 months of document writing and waiting, my wife will be arriving here August 16 (YAY). I was wondering if you had found a list of the process, documents that you need to file after POE? I looked on the USCIS website but I could not find anything that explains the entire process after arrival in the US. Beside just enjoying my wifes company, I have no idea what, when and where I should be sending documents.

I had a bad experience with our attorney for the visa, so I think I want to jump this next hurdle myself.

Best of luck in your future,

Ning and Jim...

Hi Jim,

Since you are K3 you will need to file AOS.,,however how soon you do this is up to you. K3 has a visa good for 2 year entry so you don't have to immediately file for AOS...I decided to file for AOS because ling and the boys medical was getting close to being a year old and I just did not want to pay for another medical exam.

So depending how soon you want a green card in hand will determine how soon you file for AOS.

I will include what Roger did for his Filing,,disregard the child part unless your wife has children.... :blink:

Personal check for USCIS fee $1010.00

Form I-485

Form I-693,if medical less than year, civil surgeon fills out supplemental only

Form I-765

Form G-325A

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support

and possilble a form I-131

I am sure others will chime in....... :D :P :P :D

Roger writes:

I will be sending off my I-485 AOS packages here in the next week or so, as soon as I get my TY 2008 Form 1040 back from my tax preparer.

I waited for our two year wedding anniversary in December, so I figured I could wait a few weeks more for my 2008 tax prep info, to make the three years (¡®06/¡¯07/¡¯08) of joint filings with my wife; as well as, be able to include my daughter¡¯s Form W-7 application, and her most recent quarterly grade report from her middle school.

As with my previous filings, I used the federal-format ACCO #17021 top hinged file folder, with 2¡± ACCO clip included; as well as, dividers with bottom tabs. I triple checked every form/page for accuracy, proper signature, and spelling etc. Also, all document copies were in color, e.g., marriage certificate etc.

Following is my Table of Contents from my cover letter for my AOS filing, which I have prepared in the same light as I did my previous I-130 and I-129F case files:

Cover Letter¡­.with bold highlighted notation that the marriage is over two years old

1. Personal check for USCIS fee ($1010.00 and $600.00) ¡­..original and a photo copy of the item

2. Form I-485 (one each for wife and daughter)

3. Copy of NOA-2 approval for the I-130¡¯s

4. Copy of PRC passport bio-page

5. Copy of K-3 and K-4 US Visa

6. Copy of Form I-94 (front and back)

7. Copy of respective birth certificate (translated)

8. Copy of certified PRC marriage certificate (translated)

9. Form I-693 vaccination cert' with attached page from USCIS website outlining changes in protocol dates

10. Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, with most recent monthly pay receipt, certification of salary from my employing agency, and three years of joint IRS 1040¡¯s

11. Form I-765 (for purpose of obtaining the SSN)

12. Form G-325A for wife, with photos

13. Evidence of bona-fide relationship (similar to what I included with the I-130 and I-129F files)

a. Another set of three years of joint IRS 1040¡¯s

b. IRS W-7 for my daughter

c. Copy of Blue Cross PPO and Delta Dental insurance coverage cards for each of them

d. Copy of recent electric utility billing in both names

e. Copy of recent phone billing in both names

f. For my daughter, a copy of her middle school photo ID card

i. For my daughter, copies of her 1st and 2nd Qtr. grade reports from school

j. For both wife and daughter, about (10) 8X10 color photos of various family events, since their arrival here

k. A modified letter of evolution/status of relationship, which covered the period since the previous one within the I-130 and I-129F packages

Hopefully will have in the mail to the Chicago lock box by the end of next week; and then another wait. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by rogerinca: Feb 12 2009, 04:28 PM

#13 is not a requirement, and is not in the I-485 instructions, but it would not hurt to include it.

I would file 2 I-765s one for wife and one for child, the EAD card makes a useful ID, and allows getting SSN for wife and child.

Edited by Tom and Ling (see edit history)

Our FedEx Tracking number said it was delivered on the 2nd of Aug. Aug 3rd they had it in there hot little hands according to USCIS's paper work.

On the 11th we got the USCIS receipts back in the mail and now were waiting for the Biometrics appointment.

Hope this helps anyone tracking time frames. :lol:

Did you check the box on the forms requesting expedited processing so she can get her green card faster? :bangin:

I'm here for you Rob. :unsure:

Did you check the box on the forms requesting expedited processing so she can get her green card faster? :P

I'm here for you Rob. :roller:

<_< wITH FRIENDS LIKE YOU.... :P

Did you check the box on the forms requesting expedited processing so she can get her green card faster? :P

I'm here for you Rob. :lol:

:rolleyes: wITH FRIENDS LIKE YOU.... :P

Just a reminder, now that you are married Ting has the legal right and responsiblity to abuse you. That is her job as a wife. You will be trained. :)