P3 Documents Timing

Right, that makes sense. In fact, if you do it too soon, they expire. Right?

They are valid for 1 year.

Also you need to send an I-134 along with supporting evidence like IRS transcripts, copies of pay stubs, and an employer letter.

Hum... my fiancee said some document(s) was only valid for 3 months. But we can get all documents within couple weeks I think. And thanks for the reminder on that support affidavit document -- not going to forget that :)

The consulate considers them to be valid for 1 year.

Police certificates are valid for one year.

Unmarried persons, at marriageable age, must submit a certified copy of their unmarried certificate (with one year validity).

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...m169-May_09.pdf

Birth certs do not expire.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Also you need to send an I-134 along with supporting evidence like IRS transcripts, copies of pay stubs, and an employer letter.

Do you send the Documents with the P3 (I-134, Tax transcripts, ect), I thought you did not send documents. I thought you took them to interview with you?????? :)

Do you send the Documents with the P3 (I-134, Tax transcripts, ect), I thought you did not send documents. I thought you took them to interview with you?????? :blink:

I am telling the OP that may be living in the USA to send the I-134 to the benificiary for interview, NOT t send the I-134 to the consulate.

Complete and send the enclosed form DS-230 Part I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration as well as this document (Form 169).

You may want to read OF-169

Complete and send the enclosed form DS-230 Part I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration as well as this document (Form 169). Obtain the following documents on this checklist that pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item. Do NOT send the actual documents to the Consular office, as we will have to destroy them. You will not be scheduled for an appointment until you submit these forms.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...m169-May_09.pdf Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Just curious, what service do people use to send I-134 to their fiance(e)s? I am bringing it with me, but I am thinking of sending it using just UPSP with certified mail just to be safe.

I carried it to China.

USPS works with China post and seems to get things there OK.

Just curious, what service do people use to send I-134 to their fiance(e)s? I am bringing it with me, but I am thinking of sending it using just UPSP with certified mail just to be safe.

I carried it to China.

That would be EMS, though, NOT certified mail.

EMS -- the international Express Mail Service, is a special postal service offered by the postal administrations of the countries and regions in the world where EMS items enjoy the preferential treatment of the Post, Customs and airline companies. With the high speed and high quality, EMS transmits for the customers the urgent letters, documents, banking bills, samples and goods. Meanwhile, it provides items tracking and inquiry service by different ways. In addition, EMS offers some extended services such as agent of declaring, packaging and insurance.

Today, China Post international EMS service has established service links with more than 200 countries and regions in the world.

The United States Postal Service (USPS) provides Express Mail for domestic U.S. delivery, and offers two EMS categories of services for Express Mail International. One is simply called Express Mail International[3] and the other service is called Global Express Guaranteed(GXG).[4] These two USPS International Mail terms are often confused with their service called Express Mail, which is a specific classification of mail for domestic accelerated postal delivery within the U.S.
Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I carried it to China.

That would be EMS, though, NOT certified mail.

EMS -- the international Express Mail Service, is a special postal service offered by the postal administrations of the countries and regions in the world where EMS items enjoy the preferential treatment of the Post, Customs and airline companies. With the high speed and high quality, EMS transmits for the customers the urgent letters, documents, banking bills, samples and goods. Meanwhile, it provides items tracking and inquiry service by different ways. In addition, EMS offers some extended services such as agent of declaring, packaging and insurance.

Today, China Post international EMS service has established service links with more than 200 countries and regions in the world.

The United States Postal Service (USPS) provides Express Mail for domestic U.S. delivery, and offers two EMS categories of services for Express Mail International. One is simply called Express Mail International[3] and the other service is called Global Express Guaranteed(GXG).[4] These two USPS International Mail terms are often confused with their service called Express Mail, which is a specific classification of mail for domestic accelerated postal delivery within the U.S.

I us USPS Global Express Guaranteed to send everything to my SO and have never had a problem. Usually there in 7 days.

Robert