Strange stories from 001

Just curious if anyone else heard about this.. and a apology if I posted this in the incorrect forum.

My wife checks in 001 every now and then(if you don't know, it's like a Chinese version of this site but mostly from the girl's experience). And there are a few girls with very similar experiences so here's the basics without getting into exact details.

So this girl has a early interview at GUZ. No problems, she gets pink and is eagerly awaiting her visa. Later that day or maybe the next she gets a call from GUZ. In one example, the caller asked if she could bring in her birth certificate or something of that nature. She brings it in and they say they don't need it. Then the guy who called her appears and basically asks her out for dinner. Saying that it was because of him that she got the early interview time.

He introduces himself as a very important person that can influence the outcome of the visa arrival.

Another example is this same guy calling another girl who just passed her interview and congratulated her and stated his importance and asked her out for dinner.

So basically a d-bag taking advantage of the situation. I think those girls should send strong complaints to GUZ. Just curious to see if anyone heard anything about it.

Jon & Cindy

Just curious if anyone else heard about this.. and a apology if I posted this in the incorrect forum.

My wife checks in 001 every now and then(if you don't know, it's like a Chinese version of this site but mostly from the girl's experience). And there are a few girls with very similar experiences so here's the basics without getting into exact details.

So this girl has a early interview at GUZ. No problems, she gets pink and is eagerly awaiting her visa. Later that day or maybe the next she gets a call from GUZ. In one example, the caller asked if she could bring in her birth certificate or something of that nature. She brings it in and they say they don't need it. Then the guy who called her appears and basically asks her out for dinner. Saying that it was because of him that she got the early interview time.

He introduces himself as a very important person that can influence the outcome of the visa arrival.

Another example is this same guy calling another girl who just passed her interview and congratulated her and stated his importance and asked her out for dinner.

So basically a d-bag taking advantage of the situation. I think those girls should send strong complaints to GUZ. Just curious to see if anyone heard anything about it.

Jon & Cindy

The term is Sexual Harassment. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
Guest shutterbug

It has been brewing over there for a week and I was wondering when it would made its way here...this man is alleged to have been harassing local (that is, Guangdong) K-1 filers for a while, as far back as last year.

As hideous as the alleged behavior is, it is hardly surprising. It wasn't so long ago when Isaac R. Baichu of Bronx was arrested...

It has been brewing over there for a week and I was wondering when it would made its way here...this man is alleged to have been harassing local (that is, Guangdong) K-1 filers for a while, as far back as last year.

As hideous as the alleged behavior is, it is hardly surprising. It wasn't so long ago when Isaac R. Baichu of Bronx was arrested...

Similar happened in Canada.

Diplomat gets one year in visa bribery scheme

WASHINGTON ¨C A former official at the U.S. consulate in Toronto was sentenced to a year in prison Wednesday for expediting visas in exchange for gifts of jewelry and trips with exotic dancers.

Mike O'Keefe admitted he expedited 21 visas for employees of STS Jewels between 2004-2006 and in return got the presents from the chief executive officer, Sunil Agrawal. The pair, who still call each other friend, were sentenced together by U.S. District Judge Paul L. Friedman.

Agrawal, a 50-year-old native of India who lives in New York City, got probation and a $100,000 fine, which prosecutors said was one of the largest ever imposed by the Washington court for the misdemeanor charge of illegal supplementation of salary. Agrawal told the judge he wasn't aware that giving the gifts to O'Keefe created a conflict of interest.

O'Keefe, a 62-year-old who now lives in Portsmouth, N.H., was sentenced to the felony charge of accepting an illegal gratuity. He must return four rings and a necklace made of gold, rubies, diamonds and tanzanite he received for himself and his wife. He also must pay $5,000 to compensate for trips to New York with two exotic dancers and Las Vegas with three strippers from Toronto's Brass Rail Tavern, where he was a regular customer.

MORE...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090729/ap_on_...us_visa_bribery

Jon & Cindy

The lady should send the details to GUZ and copy the State & Justice Departments. Was this a USC VO or a PRC employee? Regardless, it needs to be investigated but that can only happen with a formal accusation along with the assurance that accusation does not impact her visa status.

It's unlikely that someone would be so openly brazen - they can easily get fired for this under ANY administration

It is not as unlikely or improbable as it may sound. We have CFL members whose beneficiaries have experienced this same scenario...that's all I'll say.

It's unlikely that someone would be so openly brazen - they can easily get fired for this under ANY administration

It is not as unlikely or improbable as it may sound. We have CFL members whose beneficiaries have experienced this same scenario...that's all I'll say.

It falls into the 'stupid criminals' category

Guest shutterbug

The lady should send the details to GUZ and copy the State & Justice Departments. Was this a USC VO or a PRC employee? Regardless, it needs to be investigated but that can only happen with a formal accusation along with the assurance that accusation does not impact her visa status.

Her fiancee had filed a complaint (not sure just with the consulate or higher up the chain with DOS) and she had returned to the consulate on Tuesday to answer related questions. According to the OP, the two officials who interviewed her appeared shocked by the allegations and promised swift action.

The OP had received her visa before the complaint was filed. The man at the center of the allegation is a local employee.

Edited by shutterbug (see edit history)

My wife told me about that going on also...hell, if the DOS would have given her a pink slip, I wouldn't care if some dirtbag paid for her meal....I'd have been right there with them, he could pay for mine too. If the poor guy is lookin' for sex, I'd be real happy to take him out into an alley and phuck 'em....UP Way up. :huh:

tsap seui :guitar:

Her fiancee had filed a complaint (not sure just with the consulate or higher up the chain with DOS) and she had returned to the consulate on Tuesday to answer related questions. According to the OP, the two officials who interviewed her appeared shocked by the allegations and promised swift action.

The OP had received her visa before the complaint was filed. The man at the center of the allegation is a local employee.

Good for them! File the compaint and if proven then fire the guy and if he's a USC VO prosecute him! He's a tarnish on the hard working, ethical men at the consulates as well as tarnish on the USA.

I have no doubt that every US consulate in the world has something like this from time to time. I do believe that they try to screen people out that would be so unethical but no screening is 100%.