An Adventure to the post office

So last night we decided to meet up at the metro station at 10 am, We both arrived there at the same time so far so good things are working out good....

we waited a couple minutes and got on the metro to go to the post office to get her visa and paperwork for immigration. we rode all the way to the last stop and got off and went upstairs...

When we arrived at the street level a man saw the pink paper and said hey you should have gotten off at the stop before this one you are far from where you are going ...so we wnet and got back on the metro for one station and gotoff and went back to the street level the man had said go up and go right ...(this was where we made our mistake we should have gone up exit A and gone right but we went up a different way and went right ...

he said it would belike 300meters so soon we realized we were going the wrong way ....we stopped and asked a securtiy guard (the first of many) he thought for a second and pointed us down the road so we walked coming across another guard we asked him he sent another direction....my girl was getting short of patience at this point so i said lets get some food ....

at this point it was starting to rain so i thought better to sit than be lost and wet lol...we went in to a mcdonalds and ordered as we sat down she wanted to go ask again so she went out in the rain to ask someone else .....the rain slowed down and now we thought we knew where we were going (if only we knew) we walked for what seemed like forever and got directions about 4 more times and arrived at a post office (the WRONG ONE) we asked how to get where we were going and they pointed us back down the road the way we came..it started raining again and my girl was slipping in the sandals she wore and was getting more frustrated by the second ....so i thought lets get in a cab and show him the address and save the frustration we gotin one and he said we were going the wrong way and told us to get out (so much for that) after much more walking and talking to the rest of the security guards on duty in guangzhou we finaly were headed in the right direction slipping all the way.....i think we walked about 4 miles in circles and finally we got to the post office and went inside ....we were directed toteh room where all the consulate pick ups were....the man looked at the reciept and went to a cabinent ..looked for a second confused and came back to look again at the receipt the looked at the computer and typed some numbers ......went back and it was right where he looked before (sign of relief) we opened it and made sure it was all right looked at the visa smiled and had another sigh of relief FINALLY......

i think that everyone we asked whether or not they knew where we were going wanted to help so instead of saying they didnt know they gave us their idea of directions right or not to lead us on a journey and adventure through the whole area around the consulate....

well we got it thats all that matters lol leaving for home TOGETHER on thursday morning....

So where IS this imfamous post office. Hong and I went looking tonight and couldn't find it using the map the consulate gave us. Between a lack of good directions on the map and a lack of street signs it's kinda hard to find the address!

Dosn't that map SUCK?

Here is google map of the imediate area.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=23....004506&z=18 (7-11 is located at the consulate)

Closest CITIC bank to the consulate.

The exact post office is: ¿¥Ô´Ö§¾Ö ÌìºÓ¶«Â·155ºÅ¿¥Ô´´óÏà PH#38188090 (Try calling them) 155# TianHe East Road, Guangzhou, telephone:020-38188078.

http://www.183.gd.cn/v2/863/

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ne...efortianyu.html

I use an online map called ddmap.com, it tells you how to get to the post office by taking the Subway, taxi or bus. As far as I am concerned, I am gonna take the Subway (Line 1) and stop at the Sports Center Station which is the closest subway station to the post office, then I'll walk up the Tiyu Dong Rd. and turn right to the Huaxu Street, after 2 blocks I think I'll arrive the post office. :unsure:

At least that's what I understand from the map, hopefully I'm right. <_<

Edited by Quinque (see edit history)