Does the Custom Hold Up still exist?

Guest Wuhan4me

jin01 - it would make sense to call nvc and see whats going on with your petition. ask if it was sent via dhl or was solely transmitted via SAFEFILE.

'solely transmitted' is the catch phrase here.

If you have a moment, please make another post here with the results of that phone call?

jin01 - it would make sense to call nvc and see whats going on with your petition. ask if it was sent via dhl or was solely transmitted via SAFEFILE.

'solely transmitted' is the catch phrase here.

If you have a moment, please make another post here with the results of that phone call?

Here is the information I got. I called again and NVC said they transferred the files electronically, one day after they shipped it out physically. I then called DOS, they said electronically means sending an email. Guangzhou said we had to wait for several weeks, DOS said we had to wait for 2 months at least. Looking at other people's timelines though, their fiance(e)s get the P3 about 7 days from the NVC transfer. I am hoping this would be true for our case. I wish they could be more transparent and more accurate on this. All I can do is wait at this point.

One encouraging thing is that this package also got cleared in about 10 days from pick up: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp?na...mber=9251600363

Thanks for all for your inputs.

Those who filed with NVC by paper, the physical file must be sent to GUZ. I think files are being sent electronically, but only for those who opted into electronic processing. It took a total of 3 days for my wife's parents to be released from NVC, sent to GUZ and the interview scheduled. So yes, there will be no more custom clearance delays for those who have opted into electonic processing. This doesn't guarantee that the consulate will be ready just because NVC releases it.Each type of case is different and will take different amount of processing time at the consulate. The total time spent from filing the with USCIS, processing through NVC and interview for my wife's parents was 4 1/2 months. Each type of case will be different, but electronic processing sure has changed the landscape.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)