Cargo or Cruise Ship from China to America

My fiancee' is afraid to fly so we are looking for a cruise ship or cargo ship from China to America.

Does anyone have any new news about this option?

Currently we are checking out this one:

http://www.travltips.com/freighterdirectory.html

Someone asked this same question a couple of months ago - check out the link in dnoblett's post - TooTdaLu actually did this from a page that looks a lot like the one you're linking to here

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=495324

I seem to recall TooTdaLu was able to travel by ship, however the shipping company would not let his wife board because the ship may make calls on several ports, and wife needed to have visas to go there.

So keep this in mind.

I seem to recall TooTdaLu was able to travel by ship, however the shipping company would not let his wife board because the ship may make calls on several ports, and wife needed to have visas to go there.

So keep this in mind.

Tootie claimed that

There was NO PROBLEM getting a refund,and even today the Ticketing Agent (The Ship Owner) insists that all of our documents were in order,but this problem was caused by the ignorant Chinese Port Agent.

As of now,all passenger containerships departing at Hong Kong call on

China AGAIN before heading out,and my Chinese fiance was REFUSED because of that,even though the Ticketing Agent insisted that her Passport,USA Visa and Passenger Documents were in order.

The Ticketing Agent is actually the ship owner.

It was the Chinese Port Agent who refused to allow her to board.

"The funny thing is I am a jet mechanic"

Interesting, because my friend Kev (airline pilot) told me that in the military, all mechanics who worked on aircraft, might find themselves ordered to fly on the next flight after repairs to a plane. theory being, they could trouble shoot problems in the air, the other theory being they were much less likely to sabotage a plane if they thought they might be onboard. There were a couple of notorious crashes in the 1960's attributed to mechanic sabotage.

This was many years ago, and perhaps military mechanics weren't as professional then as they are now.

Wait a minute, wasn't The Don a military aircraft mechanic?? Oooppps...