Called about New NVC Pilot Program Last Night

Hi,
I heard about the new electronic processing option in NVC. I am a K-1 petitioner.

First I read that the new pilot program is available for the other visas, then on this forum it says the K-Visas are automatcially enrolled, then I read someone here called NVC about it two weeks ago and were told that they are sending the case electronically to GuangZhou automatically.

I called NVC last night to find out more. They told me the case will be sent via DHL, the old way.

I am confused and hope that they would send files to GuangZhou via electronic means.

Does anyone have any experience for K-1 visas regarding the new NVC pilot program?

Thanks!

Person on phone is not aware of what the shipping department is doing.

DOS (NVC) also has a misinformation line. GUZ is a special case and is unique.

NVC Pilot Program

The National Visa Center (NVC) has started a new pilot program of electronically processing visa petitions. Under this program ALL documents related to your case will be sent to Guangzhou electronically, rather than by mail. This should greatly improve the speed and efficiency of visa processing by avoiding delays due to postal service delivery.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_k1/k2.htm

You do not need to opt in on this one, it will be automatically done.

Sit back and relax, and wait for P3.

Note: even-though the case will be sent to them electronically, you still may end up waiting a couple of months waiting for P3, the consulate tends to be back-logged and simply put cases on hold and services them first come first served.

NVC Pilot Program

The National Visa Center (NVC) has started a new pilot program of electronically processing visa petitions. Under this program ALL documents related to your case will be sent to Guangzhou electronically, rather than by mail. This should greatly improve the speed and efficiency of visa processing by avoiding delays due to postal service delivery.

Note: even-though the case will be sent to them electronically, you still may end up waiting a couple of months waiting for P3, the consulate tends to be back-logged and simply put cases on hold and services them first come first served.

Thanks for the encouragement and info. I am so eager to find out. I have checked a lot of timelines after May NOA2. It seems it's fairly quick to get P3 -- less than one month after NOA2. I hope that's true from now on for all cases! I am anxious to find out my time time.

Thanks again for answering my questions.

NVC Pilot Program

Oh, here is what is confusing, in the site, it says:

"If you are a K visa applicant and you have opted in for electronic processing"

It sounds like you have to opt in...

Thanks for the encouragement and info. I am so eager to find out. I have checked a lot of timelines after May NOA2. It seems it's fairly quick to get P3 -- less than one month after NOA2. I hope that's true from now on for all cases! I am anxious to find out my time time.

Thanks again for answering my questions.

Keep in mind NVC has been doing this for only a couple of months.

There probably are still a few cases stuck in customs from DHL, once those clear customs the back log may return.

If you think about this, the first cases to go electronic may have leap-froged the ones stuck in customs, so were processed faster than normal.

This notice from GUZ says that only the I-130 petitions are eligible for electronic processing.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/electronic/GUZ...L-0003-0904.pdf

DOS says "If you decide to participate, you must send an e-mail to the Post-specific Electronic Processing email address referenced in the Eligibility PDF you previously read."

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

So it's still pretty murky as to which procedures are being followed behind the scenes.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

The answer you get (on the phone) will vary by two factors:

1. How you worded your question (did the listener understand) and

2. the knowledge of the person who takes your call.

I suggest you try it again. Use this wording:

My K-1 petition will be adjudicated at Guangzhou. My petition arrived at NVC on (give the date). Will my petition be sent electronically via SAFEFILE, solely, or will NVC send it out to GUZ via DHL? Now, if you don't know the exact answer, I'm happy to hold on the line while you check with your supervisor, as this is a new pilot program and you MIGHT NOT have the current info in front of you.

I sense theres a lot of confusion between 'electronic transmission between NVC and GUZ' via SAFEFILE, and 'electronic processing at NVC' for I-130 petitions. Not YOUR confusion, not at all - but the confusion of what/when/how from the person that answers the phone, to handle your question.

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

This notice from GUZ says that only the I-130 petitions are eligible for electronic processing.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/electronic/GUZ...L-0003-0904.pdf

DOS says "If you decide to participate, you must send an e-mail to the Post-specific Electronic Processing email address referenced in the Eligibility PDF you previously read."

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

So it's still pretty murky as to which procedures are being followed behind the scenes.

The answer you get (on the phone) will vary by two factors:

1. How you worded your question (did the listener understand) and

2. the knowledge of the person who takes your call.

I suggest you try it again. Use this wording:

My K-1 petition will be adjudicated at Guangzhou. My petition arrived at NVC on (give the date). Will my petition be sent electronically via SAFEFILE, solely, or will NVC send it out to GUZ via DHL? Now, if you don't know the exact answer, I'm happy to hold on the line while you check with your supervisor, as this is a new pilot program and you MIGHT NOT have the current info in front of you.

I sense theres a lot of confusion between 'electronic transmission between NVC and GUZ' via SAFEFILE, and 'electronic processing at NVC' for I-130 petitions. Not YOUR confusion, not at all - but the confusion of what/when/how from the person that answers the phone, to handle your question.

Good advice, added to NVC Electronic processing thread at the top of this forum. SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703