After AOS Filed

So we filed my AOS package last Monday. I want to know:

1. When will they cash the check we sent with the package?

2. When will the biometrics appointment be?

3. When will the EAD card and AP documents arrive?

4. When will the AOS interview be?

Is there gonna be a AOS receipt notice for us to expect? Anything else gonna happen?

I understand the length of the processes may vary in different states. I just wanna get a general idea.

Thanks again.

1) Mine was a little more than a week.

2) Mine was about 3-4 weeks after check cashed.

3) I applied seperatly.

4) Currently waiting for appointment as well. Tom & Ling just got interview letter, you can see their timeline for idea.

1) 1 to 2 weeks after filing.

2) Depends on how busy the ASC is, 2-6 weeks after filing, and should be two biometrics, one for I-485, and another for I-765

3) Can take up to 90 days after filing.

4) Depends on your field office this varies greatly (A few months to greater than a year). Or in case of K-1 adjustment USCIS may approve without an interview (4-6 months after filing)

Look up your field office here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp (Server seems to be down at the moment)

We received the I-797 for the I-485 and the I-765 I-131.

Can my Wife start to look for a job w/ the Receipt of the I-765 letter?

Do we need to wait until the EAD card arrives?

She may look at any time - some employers (at least here in Houston) will hire simply based on the knowledge that she is eligible for EAD, others may require the actual card

It is between her and the employer.

Be careful that she doesn't go into a situation where illegals are openly working - that is no good either before or after she gets the card.

So we filed my AOS package last Monday. I want to know:

Is there gonna be a AOS receipt notice for us to expect? Anything else gonna happen?

I understand the length of the processes may vary in different states. I just wanna get a general idea.

Thanks again.

At each step in the process, I always looked at the timelines of others in a similar or recently similar circumstance. This is why it is nice to have a timeline available for others to compare and gain knowledge from. :lol:

She may look at any time - some employers (at least here in Houston) will hire simply based on the knowledge that she is eligible for EAD, others may require the actual card

Be careful that she doesn't go into a situation where illegals are openly working - that is no good either before or after she gets the card.

It is the employer that is taking a risk, the I-9 form that the employer needs to fill out has recently been updated ti specifically requre the photo ID EAD card.

LIST A, Documents that Establish bothe Identity and Employment Authorization.

Or List C, Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security.

Notice of action is not an EAD card, or EAD document.

4. Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

It is the employer that is taking a risk, the I-9 form that the employer needs to fill out has recently been updated ti specifically requre the photo ID EAD card.

Or List C, Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Many employers hire illegal aliens illegally - it is dangerous even for someone with valid documentation to work for these companies, as has been reported on CFL. In addition, working conditions can be less than ideal.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Many employers hire illegal aliens illegally - it is dangerous even for someone with valid documentation to work for these companies, as has been reported on CFL. In addition, working conditions can be less than ideal.

Right-on Randy !!! :lol: