POE Seattle ?

Howdy folks,

I'm trying to find info about using Seattle as the port of entry for the arrival my wife's 11 year old daughter. After over 2 1/2 years of BS, she has finally received her visa !! Anyway, a search of the archives and the web has not given much info. Is Seattle actually a current POE ?

Thanks, Willie

Yes, my wife entered the US through Seattle. It took her about 1 1/2 hrs to clear customs and immigration after her plane landed. Once they exit customs there is an escalator that comes up from the customs area into the terminal. You can wait for her there.

Yes, my wife entered the US through Seattle. It took her about 1 1/2 hrs to clear customs and immigration after her plane landed. Once they exit customs there is an escalator that comes up from the customs area into the terminal. You can wait for her there.

Thanks for your reply. I see that your wife is from Nanning. So is my wife, Hongxia....she arrived here in 2001, 18 months after we where married in Nanning (took this long to process the visa). Now we have 4 and 6 year old boys. Her 11 year old daughter should be here very soon. At 53 years old I sometimes wonder what I've done to myself but it's all worth it. I see you live in the Portland area....we live in North central Washington in a town called Chelan, on a large lake, tourists love to visit. If your ever in the area give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thanks again, Willie

Edited by warpedbored

Not a good idea to post personal information in an open forum.

Thanks for your reply. I see that your wife is from Nanning. So is my wife, Hongxia....she arrived here in 2001, 18 months after we where married in Nanning (took this long to process the visa). Now we have 4 and 6 year old boys. Her 11 year old daughter should be here very soon. At 53 years old I sometimes wonder what I've done to myself but it's all worth it.

I see you live in the Portland area....we live in North central Washington in a town called Chelan, on a large lake, tourists love to visit. If your ever in the area give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thanks again, Willie

Edited by warpedbored

Not a good idea to post personal information in an open forum.

Very interesting to see your wife arrived in 2001, and that apparently you were married in the PRC in 1999 !! That makes you a true 'veteran' of this process !! :D

As to your comment about your age...I am age 60 and have an 11 year old and a 14 year old from my previous marriage and now a just turned 13 year old provided by my wife...so don't feel like you are alone, there are many of us in the same situation !! ;)

BTW, my wife is also named Hongxia (sunset glow). I love her name. :)

42. The Red Guards did not use the term "sunset" (Riluo) itself. During the Cultural Revolution it was generally avoided because it could be interpreted as a counter-revolutionary attack on the Chairman. Hence it was wise to replace Riluo with the Chinese word for "sunset glow" (Hongxia).

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Howdy folks,

I'm trying to find info about using Seattle as the port of entry for the arrival my wife's 11 year old daughter. After over 2 1/2 years of BS, she has finally received her visa !! Anyway, a search of the archives and the web has not given much info. Is Seattle actually a current POE ?

Thanks, Willie

Yes, very good POE, my wife and daughter came to US thru Seattle, took about 90 minutes to go thru customs and immigrations. You meet them at the luggage terminal for international arrivals, they told them how to take the shuttle train to the baggage terminal and came up the escaltor where I was wating for them with no problems.

Bob, Caixia and Mengjie