F Visa in Hong Kong

Has anyone traveled to Hong Kong lately to obtain an F visa? I may have to do this soon and I'm wondering how long of a stay will they grant me, and maybe the contact of a good visa agent (I read I need one) my company is working on it but I'd like to know for my self to get a heads up. Also, if anyone could point me to a very low budget dorm type hostel I would appreciate it, just as long as I'm not going to be stabbed or robbed, I do have standards... :P

Moving this one to "Communications, Planes & Shipping" That forum tends to be the place for questions about Visas to China.

" General Visa Discussion & First Steps " tends to be about filing I-129F or I-130 for visas to the USA.

Has anyone traveled to Hong Kong lately to obtain an F visa? I may have to do this soon and I'm wondering how long of a stay will they grant me, and maybe the contact of a good visa agent (I read I need one) my company is working on it but I'd like to know for my self to get a heads up. Also, if anyone could point me to a very low budget dorm type hostel I would appreciate it, just as long as I'm not going to be stabbed or robbed, I do have standards... :)

Carl I understand that it usually takes 3 days. This is from an english teachers forum that I belong to. As for the rest of your questions I can't help. They have talked about these issues but I did not have any need for this information so I can't remember any of the details.

There are members here that were english teachers in China so perhaps they will chime in with something useful for you.

Larry