A Beautiful Love Story

One of the women who had her interview on Wednesday and received a blue slip related a story of another woman also having her interview at the same time. As most of you know, there is no privacy during the interview.

She said the woman was about 60 years old and her fiance was close to 80. She didn't speak any English whatsoever and her fiance didn't speak any Chinese. The VO apologized to her when he told her that he just couldn't let her pass because she could not communicate with her fiance. She said, "Oh, please let me pass. I love him so much. We can communicate in other ways. I can sing for him every day." She commensed singing songs in Chinese for the VO there and then. The VO gave her a pink slip.

Guest ShaQuaNew

One of the women who had her interview on Wednesday and received a blue slip related a story of another woman also having her interview at the same time. As most of you know, there is no privacy during the interview.

She said the woman was about 60 years old and her fiance was close to 80. She didn't speak any English whatsoever and her fiance didn't speak any Chinese. The VO apologized to her when he told her that he just couldn't let her pass because she could not communicate with her fiance. She said, "Oh, please let me pass. I love him so much. We can communicate in other ways. I can sing for him every day." She commensed singing songs in Chinese for the VO there and then. The VO gave her a pink slip.

Now there you go. This is a woman that knows how to think and act on her feet. What a clever approach to show the VO by singing.

All I hope is that this story is really true. Hope floats....

But I also hope some day that the VOs realize that there are many couples here that speak good English, but do not really communicate.

Mei's English is not yet perfect, but she trys very hard. Understands well and the more we talk together the better she has become.

Although she is in English classes since 2007, once she is here she will learn to speak better English quickly. Most Chinese women are not exposed to English daily.

I understand that a lack of a common language does give them the right to deny petitions, but how do you really define this?

Good luck to everyone!

There is no requirement that the beneficary speaks English. There is no requirement that you speak a common language. The VO can doubt you have a bonafide relationship if you don't speak a common language. In this case you only need demonstrate that you can communicate. It can be by pocket translater, sign language, smoke signals or what ever. In this case she used singing. Hell I wouldn't say no to her.

I am all for a story with a hapy ending, however I have read too many stories on CFL of couples that can communicate ( although not well ) and have still been denied. I think this proves that the rules are that there ain't no rules.

Still waiting in "Blue Slip Hell" !!!

Ning and Jim...

There is no requirement that the beneficary speaks English. There is no requirement that you speak a common language. The VO can doubt you have a bonafide relationship if you don't speak a common language. In this case you only need demonstrate that you can communicate. It can be by pocket translater, sign language, smoke signals or what ever. In this case she used singing. Hell I wouldn't say no to her.

I agree,and I think what the VO's fail to realize,is two people can communicate in many ways,my wife is still learning english ,and we communicate all kinds of ways,English,Chinglish,Chinese,Pocket translator,sign signals,grunts.....i havent done the smoke signals yet,hahaha but if two people want to have a relationship,they will find ways to communicate.....and if its a red flag,..VO's need to look at the emails,phone records..skype,yahoo chats.......of course one can say....are the words spoken in the emails,and chats geniune....only God knows,no human meeting a person for the first time at an interview can possibly know. The VO's have a tough job to decide it,but i think "benefit of the doubt"should be the rule.just my opinon.

jimi

I am all for a story with a hapy ending, however I have read too many stories on CFL of couples that can communicate ( although not well ) and have still been denied. I think this proves that the rules are that there ain't no rules.

Still waiting in "Blue Slip Hell" !!!

Ning and Jim...

The lady that related this story to my fiancee received blue. She didn't speak any English whatsoever. She communicates with her fiancee with hand signals. Her fiancee had 3 previous marriages. She didn't have all the required documents, such as tax records, plus, she didn't have the papers on the final divorce. Plus, there was a large age difference (like with us). Still, she got blue. I am happy for her, but it proves again that there are no rules. I thought she had a relatively weak case.

My fiancee witnessed many interviews, since she was among the last. She said many of the ladies were asked by the VO if they spoke English. Most said "Yes". Most could not understand a word the VO was saying and had to have a translator.