How Long Between NOA-2/NVC?

I received email notification of NOA-2 on June 24. As of today I have not received a NOA-2 letter (nor my lawyer) and the NVC (talked to a live person) has not received the petitions yet.

What is the normal time to get the NOA-2 approval letter and the cases to be sent to NVC?

Typically 2 weeks NOA2- to NVC, has to do with USCIS packing and shipping multiple cases together and sending once a week to save $$.

Good timeline: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

look at my timeline

Thanks..that is what I have seen .. usually within 10 days. I am at 14 days and still no letter about NOA-2. Maybe the email notification I received was just to keep me from asking about status of my case ... :lol:

Also you have to remember there was the 4th of July holiday which was given on the 3rd of july...... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Tom and Ling

• 2 weeks later...

I received email notification of NOA-2 on June 24. As of today I have not received a NOA-2 letter (nor my lawyer) and the NVC (talked to a live person) has not received the petitions yet.

What is the normal time to get the NOA-2 approval letter and the cases to be sent to NVC?

Now it has been four weeks. NVC says I have to wait till it has been 90 days before I can submit an offical request to determine why they have not received my case file from USCIS.

Does anyone have any experience with it taking this long to reach NVC? Any ideas on how to find out or request help to find out what is going on?

Guest Wuhan4me

Your attorney should make contact at USCIS and ask for physical casefile review. If it has indeed fallen off a desk, it'll be found. It's possilble for him to do this, make the request via telephone. Results Vary, though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not know why I did not think of calling USCIS again. I contacted them today and they sent a request to VSC asking them if they did send this file to NVC and if not to forward it to NVC.

I was told to wait until August 19, 2009 for a response that would be mailed to my house ....

Such BS ... 7 months for NOA-2 (only after getting everybody and his brother involved) and now 1-2 months to get to NVC when usually it is 1-2 weeks ...

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not know why I did not think of calling USCIS again. I contacted them today and they sent a request to VSC asking them if they did send this file to NVC and if not to forward it to NVC.

I was told to wait until August 19, 2009 for a response that would be mailed to my house ....

Such BS ... 7 months for NOA-2 (only after getting everybody and his brother involved) and now 1-2 months to get to NVC when usually it is 1-2 weeks ...

I have a friend in California that recieved his P2 notice in the mail. 2 months later they still had not recieved his file at NVC. This happened this year. He called USCIS, NVC and wrote letters to his Senator. finally after 3.5 months they recieved it at NVC. Never gave explination why. I hope you have better luck than he did. They recieved and interview date 45 days later in GUZ, they got white on July 6 this year ;)

Strange...I contacted my lawyer about this issue and they replied

"I contacted both the National Visa Center and the USCIS National Customer Service Center regarding your case. We are not able to make an inquiry until 90 days have passed. I have made a note in my file and will follow up again at that time. In the meantime please let me know if you receive notice from the NVC that they are in receipt of the file."

So who is lying .. USCIS, NVC, the lawyer, or all three? The guy I talked to at USCIS said the case should be at NVC now and seemed really concerned and said he put in a service request and I would hear back by August 19.

Guest Wuhan4me

1. NVC can't respond, they have 'no info'. Which of course, is ludicrious. True, but ludicrious. They won't have any info until it's 'booked' into their system, right after casefile arrival.

2. USCIS will have the current info, since they have no record of it leaving VSC. They did the right thing in contacting VSC to ask 'where's the file'.

3. The lawyer gave you a canned response. Copied from USCIS human, but a canned response nonetheless. Did he really ask for a 'physical casefile review' from USCIS? With his 'response' to you, I have to guess NO

I suggest calling , now, a few times each day, into USCIS and asking WHERE the physical casefile is. Be prepared to get the stock response of 'wait 90 days' but in the same time, be firm with the person, tell them there is no record of the casefile LEAVING VSC, and you have big fear that the casefile is lost.

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

An update on my situation:

Received response from USCIS dated August 12 to my July 21 service request that said "We have pulled your file and are reviewing it. Please allows us 60 days for response before contacting us again about this request."

I then sent an email to VSC customer service using the new email contact system announced on the USCIS homepage on August 18 (bear in mind I did not actually get the August 12 letter - it was read to me by an USCIS Immigration Agent on the phone this morning) requesting follow-up on this issue since I had not seen the August 12 response. The reply was:

Good Afternoon XXXXX,

A review of our records indicates that your file was forwarded to an offsite storage facility. We have requested your file and will review it upon receipt. You will receive correspondence from our office shortly after the file arrives. Please allow up to 60 days for us to process your request. Thank you for your continued patience.

For future status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this Center you may want to utilize our National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. If you would like to obtain forms, filing instructions, case status or schedule an appointment with your local office, please visit our website at www.uscis.gov. You must use the InfoPass Appointment Scheduler prior to visiting your local office.

Thank you,

Barbara

Vermont Service Center

Customer Service Unit

I emailed back yesterday requesting expediated service of this request.

I forwarded all the information to my lawyer who responded by saying "Thank you for keeping me posted. Let's hope the retrieval process is expedited since this is obviously a USCIS error. If I receive any notices I will forward copies to you."

For those following along out there .... take it from someone with experience. Do it without a lawyer. You will not be more or less successful but it will cost less.

Follow-up to my Follow-Up:

I called the USCIS to request expediated service and understand why my file was sent to storage facility and not to NVC. I was given to a second line supervisor (an immigration officer she told me). Her is the information she gave me.

1. The case was sent to NVC electronically. The hardcopies are sent to the storage facility. This is routine practice.

2. The NVC has not logged in the case ... it is their issue.

3. The NOA-2 says allow up to 90 days. Stop trying to cheat the system.

4. The NVC is lying when they say most cases take only 2-4 weeks to be received.

5. I am slowing down cases for others.

6. Since my I-129F and I-130 were approved at the same time my I-129F was locked automatically and will not be processed any further.

7. There is nothing wrong with my timeline. It takes 90 days. She is not authorized to discuss other cases and does not care about them.

And for the record...she was rude from the very start telling me that since it had not been 90 days that I was trying to cheat the system and causing problems for all. I started and maintaned a nice attitude until the very end. For all those who think as long as you are nice to the government workers they will be responsive to you I say BS.

At the end I thanked her for taking my taxes and talking to me like I was a little child. She again told me she does not care.

What part of this problem is caused by my lack of preparation is beyond me. I have never seen a case take so long to get to NVC. At this rate my wife and I will be divorced before she has her interview due to the stress of not knowing if she will be able to come to USA with me when I end my assignment here in China.

Guest Wuhan4me

how very strange. off to storage ??

I'd suggest now to set up an infopass - but I've no idea even what to suggest to ask/tell them, except 'where the f*ck is the casefile and why is it taking so long to get into nvc?'

grrr..