China is now the biggest car market in the world

Guest jin979

Guest jin979

Are USA car makers ready to competing well there ?

dont see many USA made pick ups or SUV selling there :blink:

which USA cars will sell there at right price and effect on manufacturing costs ?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Are USA car makers ready to competing well there ?

dont see many USA made pick ups or SUV selling there :lol:

which USA cars will sell there at right price and effect on manufacturing costs ?

I see very few American cars on China streets. The most popular seem to be:

Buick

well, that's pretty much it...

:blink:

Never once have I seen an American made pickup in China. I don't know whether it's a China law that forbids them or what.

I've seen plenty of American cars in Chinertucky...laughed my ass off at a stinkin' Lincoln Towncar tryin' to get through a crowded alleyway.

My beef is....I haven't seen a single rusted out Chevy...much LESS a rusted out '62 Studybaker sittin' on blocks outside any highrise condo buildings... :blink:

Why is this Jin???????? This redneck hillbilly tobacco chewin' American wants to KNOW, I tells ya. 'Splain this to me!!!!

tsap seui

Guest ShaQuaNew

My office is located in a new car district in Nanjing. Seems every single day they are delivering new Chinese cars. It's hard to find an American car dealership. Too expensive. You see a lot of Peujot, Santana, Lexus, Mercedes, and then, for the very rich, there is the Maserati and Ferrari.

My office is located in a new car district in Nanjing. Seems every single day they are delivering new Chinese cars. It's hard to find an American car dealership. Too expensive. You see a lot of Peujot, Santana, Lexus, Mercedes, and then, for the very rich, there is the Maserati and Ferrari.

I've seen a lot of advertsing/sponsorship on Chinese TV for the Chevrolet Aveo...Perhaps its everywhere except Nanjing... :greenblob:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Chengdu has lots of Fords! Some Buicks...most popular is the Volkswagen, followed by Toyota..saw a surprising number of Chrysler 300's. Didn't think I would see that big of a car there.

No full-size American P/U's...

I know it. Just seems like they either don't like the American pickup, or they can't import them.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I don't think they can import them. I think it's a fuel consumption thing. Why would you need one? You can get just as much cargo on a scooter!!!! Trucks are not needed until they are BIG trucks!

Yes, you do see a lot a motor-scooters loaded down with physical laws of the universe breaking loads. But, at the same time there are a lot a Chinese trucks carrying various types of loads; delivery. Some of open bed, some are container trucks with doors. It seems like even if it were a fuel consumption thing, that you'd at least see a light truck or two somewhere, even foreign light truck. But no, I have yet to see one single light or heavy pickup. They are amazingly missing from the road.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Chengdu has lots of Fords! Some Buicks...most popular is the Volkswagen, followed by Toyota..saw a surprising number of Chrysler 300's. Didn't think I would see that big of a car there.

No full-size American P/U's...

Ford has a plant in Chengdu.

In among the donkey and horse drawn carts I see small sized pickem-up trucks, and I've seen some larger sized pickem-up trucks that had the bed taken off of them to make them into more of a stake-body (without the stakes...same thing with the small P/U trucks. For some reason ol' Wuan Hunglow just doesn't like the closed in bed on his truck.

No, I have yet to see a turbo diesel F-350 dually with the exhaust stacks that make them sound like an 18 wheeler's tractor. :greenblob:

When I was over in February it was cool to hear, and then see, the clomp clomp clomp of the "sandman's" 3 mule team pickem-up truck as he delivered sand to the workers....Giddy-up Betsy!!!

tsap seui