One year Anniversary 7/10

griz326

Guest ShaQuaNew

If my gal was a drinker, I'd take her to one of the drunken, wild Montana dance halls; but as a teetotaler, I'm thinking an ice cake is the best that I can do.

Suggestions?

Get a few strings of firecrackers, a good bottle of Chinese white wine, a couple of posters of the Chinese character showing "double-happiness." If she doesn't care to share the white wine with you while eating her ice cream cake, I know a lot of Chinese people substitute orange drinks when others toast.

:blink:

I know a lot of Chinese people substitute orange drinks when others toast.

:)

Orange drink! Good idea. We had that at our engagement party. Other than that, I'm stuck.

Don't know if it will work for you but for my wife a home-made pasta dinner with candles, flowers, and low alcohol content sparkling white wine worked for my surprise 1-month wedding anniversary celebration.

She also is a 98% non-drinker (meaning she rarely drinks) but I found she likes the sparkling wine for special situations.

One word of caution. My wife liked the home-made dinner celebration she implemented a once/month anniversary celebration rule :rolleyes:

Traditionally the first anniversary is paper. Perhaps some nice stationary, a photo, print, ticket to an event or if all else fails paper money. You can never go wrong giving money to Chinese.

Take her to a day spa and let them pamper her. Then, after she has had a day of torture and bliss, then start your personal celebration. Carl is right. The first anniversary is paper, so get a really nice piece of stationary and write her a letter. Make it one that she will either want to frame or at least keep in a special place...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Tell her that you quit your job and will now sell frozen meat. Then, after she picks her jaw up off the floor, ask her if she'd like to try your pork.

The girls don't seem to get the significance of the anniversary. I'm certain though that if I just let it slide by that I'll get hell. A lot like not buying a birthday or anniversary gift when the wife says, "sava money." "Sava money" is not a dispensation from giving them gifts for special occasions. :rolleyes:

The girls don't seem to get the significance of the anniversary. I'm certain though that if I just let it slide by that I'll get hell. A lot like not buying a birthday or anniversary gift when the wife says, "sava money." "Sava money" is not a dispensation from giving them gifts for special occasions . :rolleyes:

No, but it will be when it comes to YOUR birthday! :Dah: