3. 3. think usa

• is boring
    • just ok
    • great
  4. 4. think china is more fun

• yes
    • no
    • dont know

Being that we live in the largest Chinese community in the US, one can find anything here that you can in China.

She likes the peace and quite. She likes not having to deal with crowds and pollution. She likes that many different amenities that are available here that you can't find in China.

She's been here almost 10 years now, so this is home. Living where we do, she can have the best of both worlds.

Just the other day my wife was asked how she liked it here so far. She replied "only a little." She still cannot get used to the fact that one needs to drive a car to get anywhere and that jobs are not plentiful as they once used to be. So much for the streets paved in gold theory. :huh:

Just the other day my wife was asked how she liked it here so far. She replied "only a little." She still cannot get used to the fact that one needs to drive a car to get anywhere and that jobs are not plentiful as they once used to be. So much for the streets paved in gold theory. :D

Yes, I feel same.

In China i walk everyday to work to store and to friends house.

Here in U.S. we drive car everywhere. :( no walking

U.S. Is ok, I have many new friends and have good job.

But i still like city life in Chongqing more.

I understand my husband also like Chongqing more.

Won't let me vote and leave the bottom two blank...

She is divorced and has a child.

She like China...knows and cares not about America, (so far). American is too far away to think about for a girl that has never even been out of the city that she was born in..To her, Chengdu IS the universe.

I took the last two questions to mean present tense ideas of the U.S., so I answered with my impression of what WeiLing expects. (U.S. just okay, China more fun)

The only reason she wants to live in the U.S. is to be with me. She knows we'll be happy together regardless of where we live, but I may look at long-term employment in China before too long... :(

Guest ShaQuaNew

My wife enjoys a lot of things about America, but doesn't believe it to have lived up to all the hype she'd heard for years. She likes the clean air in the US, but dislikes that things are so expensive, and that many of the city streets are not safe.

My wife prefers living in the USA. We are both fuddy duddy home bodies who seldom go anywhere. She likes how quiet our neighborhood is, how green everything is and how beautiful of a city Portland is. She does say America is more boring and there is more to do in China but she seldom ever wants to do any of those things anyway. She likes to putter in her garden and growing her flowers. In China she never had a space to grow anything.