Guangzhou medical exam and visa delivery questions

Hello, we'll be in Guangzhou July 13th(noon)-July 19th. Interview is July 15th in the morning. I was hoping to find some answers to my questions!

1. We'll be rush processing the medical check since we won't be able to go there until the afternoon on the 13th or the morning of 14th! Do you guys think there is sufficient time for the medical check stuff? I've heard of other people doing the medical check the day before the interview, but today I can't find any of the posts.

2. At the medical interview, will they fill out the forms in Chinese? Do I have to insist that they fill it out in English? Will they write it in Chinese and then I get it translated? Also, can the first sections(name, DOB, etc) be filled out by me before we go there?

3. I don't have much of a clue how the vaccination stuff works. Do they just give her all the neccessary shots in a day? Some of them need to be followed up by other shots. Will not having all the followup shots be acceptable at the interview?

3. We'll be leaving on the 19th early afternoon. Mrs. Yang (or whoever I was talking to when I called their place) told me that it usually doesn't take long to get the visa after the interview. She told me this because I originally told her to book a room until the 22nd, but she discouraged me (which was strange to hear from a hotel). Since our interview is on Wednesday morning, is there a good chance we will get the visa before we leave? If not, can the Yangs send it to us?

1) Do it on the 13th or before, the center will need a pressing reason to do it the day before an interview. In our case our interview was the Monday following spring festival week, and the med center reopened on the Sunday after being closed for the week, our case was urgent so they expidited, and we needed to be at the med center when they opened.

2) They will fill in the medical forms correctly. The other forms like DS-156, DS-157, etc.. you do before the medical, and procedure is now that they are carried into the interview and are not put into the medical packet.

3) What visa? K-Visas do not need vaccinations until they adjust status in the USA, we got the required vaccinations done after interview while waiting for the visa to show up at the post office. We got a yellow book that you later took to a US Civil surgeon for transfere to medical form when adjusting status.

If doing a CR-1 or IR-1, you get the correct vaccinations done when doing medical.

In either case the medical center knows which vaccinations are age appropriate.

And yes, they will give all the shots at one time, and it is your responsibility to get any boosters done in the USA after coming here on the visa.

4) Visa usually shows up within 2-3 days, but I have seen cases where it can take a week to be sent to the post office.

Hello, we'll be in Guangzhou July 13th(noon)-July 19th. Interview is July 15th in the morning. I was hoping to find some answers to my questions!

1. We'll be rush processing the medical check since we won't be able to go there until the afternoon on the 13th or the morning of 14th! Do you guys think there is sufficient time for the medical check stuff? I've heard of other people doing the medical check the day before the interview, but today I can't find any of the posts.

2. At the medical interview, will they fill out the forms in Chinese? Do I have to insist that they fill it out in English? Will they write it in Chinese and then I get it translated? Also, can the first sections(name, DOB, etc) be filled out by me before we go there?

3. I don't have much of a clue how the vaccination stuff works. Do they just give her all the neccessary shots in a day? Some of them need to be followed up by other shots. Will not having all the followup shots be acceptable at the interview?

3. We'll be leaving on the 19th early afternoon. Mrs. Yang (or whoever I was talking to when I called their place) told me that it usually doesn't take long to get the visa after the interview. She told me this because I originally told her to book a room until the 22nd, but she discouraged me (which was strange to hear from a hotel). Since our interview is on Wednesday morning, is there a good chance we will get the visa before we leave? If not, can the Yangs send it to us?

Hi potato,

Question 1.)

Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel

#33 Shamian North Street, Shamian Island, Guangzhou

Tel: (020) 81219500 or 81219513 Price: RMB800 for

adult, RMB500 for child

This Health Center is good and can do same day processing, but for same day processing....we paid 100RMB extra,

I think though you need to be at this place as early as possible ,,at 8:00am because you don't get the results until 4:00pm.

Don't try and cut it close. You can also go in the morning one day and pick up the results next day...but stiil do not cut it close.

Question 2.)

for the DS-156, DS-157 you have to fill out these forms,,not the medical center.

I would say they have to be filled out in both Chinese and English.

At our medical...they were more concerned with the forms being filled out in Chinese. I only filled out in English,,and at the interview they sent Ling down stairs to fill them out in Chinese....so be aware that these forms need to be filled out both in Chinese and English and BY YOU.

Question 3.) dnoblett is right,,however, no matter what Visa,,having the Vaccinations done in China will save money in the long run...unless you have a health department here in the US that will charge next to nothing.

Question 4.) dnoblett is right. Ling's visa arrived 1 and a half days after her interview. Ling's interview on a Thursday and we picked it up Saturday morning (Ling's interview wasn't over until 4:00pm because of some mix ups)... :) :P :P :D

But I would not count on 2 day turn around, like dnoblett has said there have been people that have waited much longer for their Visa.

However, there are inexpensive hotels near the US Consulate.

Tom and Ling

Guangzhou United Family Clinic

1F, Annex Building, PICC Buidling, 301 Guangzhou Ave Middle 510600

does same day processing for free, price of body check is 800rmb, very nice place, this clinic was opened last year, so it's fairly new, body check + pick up took about 3 hours.

I agree - we used this clinic and we were also in and out with the results in hand within 3 hours. Same day service here is standard with no extra fee. Like HelloWorld says, it is a new, nice place plus it is much closer to the Consulate than the old clinic on Shamian Island - definitely the better choice.

Thank you for the advice everyone. We'll definitely use that medical clinic you recommended with 3 hour processing! By the way, it's a Cr-1/Ir-1 visa. We'll still be living in China for about 2 months after the visa interview anyway, so we could get all the vaccinations here hopefully. About the visa pickup time, I suppose we could delay our plane tickets and extend our stay into the next week if needed. I'll ask the Yangs about that stuff while we're there, I suppose!

Thanks again for all the answers!

Thank you for the advice everyone. We'll definitely use that medical clinic you recommended with 3 hour processing! By the way, it's a Cr-1/Ir-1 visa. We'll still be living in China for about 2 months after the visa interview anyway, so we could get all the vaccinations here hopefully. About the visa pickup time, I suppose we could delay our plane tickets and extend our stay into the next week if needed. I'll ask the Yangs about that stuff while we're there, I suppose!

Thanks again for all the answers!

Vaccinations are required for the CR-1 and IR-1 visas so you need to start them before the visa interview, so get them done when you are doing the medical.

I have slightly different answers/experience and I was with my wife the whole time, and I speak Chinese:

1. Shamian Island clinic opens at 7:30am. Get there before 8:30 if you want to pickup results same day for extra 100RMB.

2. Don't touch the forms at all. The clinic will do it all.

3. No one cares about the 2nd/3rd rounds of vaccinations for CR1.

4. You should be able to pickup your visa 7/17. Be prepared to change your flight though. Check the EMS website constantly to see if it's ready for pickup(updates are instant). It's pointless to go to the Post Office everyday checking in-person.

I'm not sure why, but the edit button isn't there on my other posts, so I've gotta make another reply here!

I just found out that the United Family Clinic is not on the list of places you can get vaccinations that was sent to me! Therefore I'm going to go to the Shamian island place instead. I'm guessing the people who went to United Family Clinic were fiancee visa, since I remember reading they don't have to get vaccinations before the interview. If you are doing a marriage visa, I think the Shamian is the only approved vaccination place in Guangzhou!

• 3 weeks later...