Just Out of Curiosity

I don't know about this....  This just seems too far over the top.  One month from NOA2 to P3?  That's gotta be a hoax.  I don't believe it for a minute.

It's possible. Maybe the beneficiary is the neighbor of the best friend of the cousin of some guy who works in the mailroom...

Jerry

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha...I hope you can find guanxi too, then I can ask you for help!!!

Karen :blink:  ;)

Guanxi is a force that only extends to where you know people. It's not the Luke Skywalker kind of force that is everywhere. Now if the consulate was in Hangzhou, there would be no problem. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Guangzhou... ;)

Jerry

Still waiting for the P3 & P4

(one note that I read said that Russia my combine them).

What would be very interesting to me would be to know what steps are involved at each processing office (other than seeing how big of cobwebs can grow on undisturbed applications).

What takes some BCIS offices 2 weeks to process an application, and other offices over 6 months????

What could possibly be happening in the NVC office to take 2 additional months for processing?

Then, what happens before the P3?

Before the P4?

Then the Interview?

Why can Canadians get their P3 within days of NVC clearance, and Chinese and Russians have to wait a month for every day the Canadians wait?

I know that there are various security checks. The FBI Namecheck is supposed to take 2 or 3 days!!!

Somehow I wonder if the the delay is due to merely entering names into a computer and making mailing labels before sending the P3, a feat that takes 3 MONTHS.

Perhaps they could ask for a half a dozen "Self Addressed and Stamped Envelopes" as part of the application..... They would then just have to select the correct envelope to use.

Knowing a little more about the process would either increase our understanding of the process and help us relax (or, of course, increase our frustration level if it appears as if it takes a day to type in EACH LETTER typed into the addresses.

Anyway, I am still hoping for a "speedy end" to the waiting..... Whatever that may be.

----- Clifford -------

Guanxi is a force that only extends to where you know people.  It's not the Luke Skywalker kind of force that is everywhere. Now if the consulate was in Hangzhou, there would be no problem. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Guangzhou... ;)

Jerry

That girl lives in Shanghai instead of GZ. Many 001 JMS know her and congratulated her. So what else we can say...? I hope she won't do name check after P3! :P

I don't know about this....  This just seems too far over the top.  One month from NOA2 to P3?  That's gotta be a hoax.  I don't believe it for a minute.

It's possible. Maybe the beneficiary is the neighbor of the best friend of the cousin of some guy who works in the mailroom...

Jerry

What I don't buy it that her case got through all the FBI/DOS/NVC in, what, less than a month... :lol:

I don't care how many cousins and friends you have, there are several different offices and agencies handling these cases. You'd have to have a pretty extensive network in GZ and Washington to get though this process.

Color me skeptical but I don't even quite buy that people in Shanghai know her. This is so over-the-top unusual that I'd have to see real paperwork to believe it.

This all kind of harkens back to some of the claims made by AOF a couple of months ago.

Whoops!  That was actually two months NOA2 to P3.  But I still don't believe it.

I also have a hard time believing the timeline....

If it is true.....which I doubt...... then this definitely fubai.

Hi Everyone,

The timeline can be true if it is file at VSC because I went from start of filing to P3 in 2 months also. But had to wait around 4 months to get the P4

Good Luck

Hi Everyone,

The timeline can be true if it is file at VSC because I went from start of filing to P3 in 2 months also. But had to wait around 4 months to get the P4

Good Luck

I don't understand how this would make a difference. The service center part of our filing went through in a matter of 6 weeks. I know on the old system you'd receive a P3 shortly after NOA2 but new system?

Even at that it sounds like yours went very fast, Gigibebe. Six months start to P4 is smokin'! Do you have your visa already?

Perhaps GZ processes their paperwork in spurts, waiting until piles form, then just grabbing packets and shipping them out without any regard to which is on the top of the pile, and what is on the bottom.

Thus, some individuals would wait litterally days. Others could wait months for the processing.

Maybe they have some "new" employees that just grab from the top of the pile rather than the bottom.

------ Clifford -----

I've cleared through Guangzhou but haven't received the P3 yet either.

Patrick

me too! and you are the first i have seen that has the same NVC sending date to Guangzhou, and of course Guangzhou clearance date as me. im sure there are others, but just wanted to say, i am in the same boat. i had a little bit different dates for the times before that step though.

INS Recieved on April 3, 2003

INS NOA/forward to NVC August 6, 2003

NVC (didn't send NOA, but responded to my Senator's inquiry of case)/forward to GZ September 15, 2003

Clearance DHL October 23, 2003 (i think this was the date.... :o )

still hanging in here for P3 and so on!!!

kimnjake

Hi Everyone,

Good Luck

I don't understand how this would make a difference. The service center part of our filing went through in a matter of 6 weeks. I know on the old system you'd receive a P3 shortly after NOA2 but new system?

Even at that it sounds like yours went very fast, Gigibebe. Six months start to P4 is smokin'! Do you have your visa already?

No, I just receive the interview date and P4 recently, I file at the VSC which took 2 weeks From the time I file to the interview which is on Nov 18 is about 6 1/2 months. from the date I file. This is in the NEW PROCESS.

Even Though I went from filing to P3 in 2 months It took about 3 1/2 months to get the p4.

I have seen some post that people get their p4 in about 1 to 2 months after they return the p3 but usually they have been in the system at least 5 to 6 months already. What I am trying to say is that every case is different

From what I have seen from this process no matter how fast your files get to GZ 2 months or 3 months. The fastest I have seen anyone get their visa from start to finish is about 7 months. I have seen alot of timelines where it took a total of 10 months.

From what I have seen from this process no matter how fast your files get to GZ 2 months or 3 months. The fastest I have seen anyone get their visa from start to finish is about 7 months. I have seen alot of timelines where it took a total of 10 months.

Um,

I've lost that race.

It took 8 months just for my file to get out of the USA. I've now passed the 10 month point and still no P3.....

Of course, the other extreme, I just saw the timeline for johnnybill45. According to his Signature, he started the process in June 2001 (nearly 2 1/2 years ago), and he is still waiting for an interview date. THERE IS ABSOULTELY NO RATIONAL EXCUSE FOR AN APPLICATION TO TAKE OVER 2 YEARS TO PROCESS. Even if he married Sadam Hussein's daughter, they should have an answer on the application by now.

----- Cliff ------

Um,

I've lost that race.

It took 8 months just for my file to get out of the USA. I've now passed the 10 month point and still no P3.....

Of course, the other extreme, I just saw the timeline for johnnybill45. According to his Signature, he started the process in June 2001 (nearly 2 1/2 years ago), and he is still waiting for an interview date. THERE IS ABSOULTELY NO RATIONAL EXCUSE FOR AN APPLICATION TO TAKE OVER 2 YEARS TO PROCESS. Even if he married Sadam Hussein's daughter, they should have an answer on the application by now.

----- Cliff ------

Well well, more confirmed reports from 001 BBS china , some girls just reported recieving P3 in the mail today, thier cases were forwarded to GZ from NVC on August 29th..........so it seems GZ is randomly picking a few cases out of each shipment from far back as July and processing them....

This is just absolutely unfair.......

Apparently the case we all dis- believed above is in fact, a true timeline...

I can't stand it.....

Um,

I've lost that race.

----- Cliff ------

Well well, more confirmed reports from 001 BBS china , some girls just reported recieving P3 in the mail today, thier cases were forwarded to GZ from NVC on August 29th..........so it seems GZ is randomly picking a few cases out of each shipment from far back as July and processing them....

This is just absolutely unfair.......

Apparently the case we all dis- believed above is in fact, a true timeline...

I can't stand it.....

Reminds me of the old days in the Black Hole. There seemed to be no rhyme nor reason in terms of how GZ selected cases for processing. Newer cases were often processed before older ones. Yes, it really can be frustrating. But hang in there. At least there is some movement going on.