Letter to Congressman

I am writing a letter to my congressman over the next 2 weeks. It takes me a while, I am not the best writer. I will start the letter with the same basic thoughts that everyone else has. We are law abiding Tax paying citizens and we choose to do this legally at great expense both in time and finacially. All the while everyday people are crossing our borders illegally and some even get government benifites. Why should we suffer through this process if they do not have to. When ever you talk to someone in Government they always give you the same answer......FRAUD.......is the reason why it cost so much and takes so long and why some are denid. I do not believe this and I am sure that most of you do not either. Is there fruad.....yes, but I would say that 99% are real. Most people who go through this and spend the money and time are smart enough to know the difference, and there are several places just like this to help out. Instead of just sending a letter bitching about things, I am also sending a suggestion to fix the problem. Iwould like some input on my solution before I finish the letter so i can make any changes per your suggestions. Here is my solution for K visa's and CR 1 family visa's:

1. File the paper work just like you do now....I129F or I130 and pay the same fee and supply the same evidence.

2. After approval from USCIS all remains the same until it gets to the Embassy or Consulate....We will use GUZ as the example.

3. P3 is sent and returned as it is now. SAme with P4.

4. Interview date is assigned.

5. Bring all papers required...Police cert, Finacial info, Medical. show to VO...all papers in order......Issue visa...No interview. Relationship already established when petition filed. This elimantes someone speaking to 1 person of the relationship for 5 minutes to determin if it is real...can anyone really do this?????

Here is where the changes are:

6. When you get to the USA..K-1 must still get married in 90 days. CR-1 is allready married.

7. File for AOS...same price.

8. Condtional green card issued...not for 2 years......but 5 years. During this 5 years, if you divorce...she (or he as the case may be) goes home..no questions asked. During this 5 years you will have to every 12 to 18 months prove that you are still married, living together and that you share bank accounts and file taxes together, either by interview in person or by mail.

this would almost elimante any fraud and Law abiding tax payers would not have to suffer thru all this just to end up with a Vo that is having a pissy day and decides to give you a white because of it.

Any suggestions????/ and who besides Congress amn or Senator should I send it to?

Robert

I like the way you're headed with this.

There are also several congressional committees that deal with immigration, same for the senate, and then there's TWO oversight committees that both the house and the senate members 'go to', for DOS and USCIS matters.

I'll dig it out over the weekend (maybe) or perhaps someone here can tell you the names and addresses.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

I like the way you're headed with this.

There are also several congressional committees that deal with immigration, same for the senate, and then there's TWO oversight committeea that both the house and the senate members 'go to', for DOS and USCIS matters.

I'll dig it out over the weekend (maybe) or perhaps someone here can tell you the names and addresses.

Great...I'll take all the help i can get

If you are a boss, do you want to hire someone without an interview?

So no interview could be impossible. But I would like to have a suggestion that both the Chinese woman & her BF/Husband to show up at the interview! In this way,both the Beneficiary and Petitioner would have chances to say something so that the petitioner would not feel so helpless or disheartened with the result for the interview.

Amanda

Edited by amanda1969 (see edit history)