Interview was last week

The interview was quite easy, according to my fiance. She got a couple of questions about how we met and what I do for a living, and the visa officer spent most of the time looking at our photo album.

They didn't ask for my tax returns, w-2s or paystubs. Did have to turn in an original, notarized I-134.

In retrospect, I think the reason that the interview went so quick is because we both had simple cases (no prior marriages/children) and we both speak each other's languages.

I have lived in China for about 5 months, so we had lots of pictures together from our trips. My fiancee's English is near-perfect and she established rapport quickly with the interviewing officer. Also, she was wearing a suit to her interview...a custom-made jacket and skirt we had made in Shanghai for her. Many of the other interviewees were wearing jeans and t-shirts, so I am guessing the fact that she dressed up for the interview didn't hurt.

Good luck everyone...

Another post describing them looking at photos. They do that a lot it seems lately, and for awhile!

Congratulations on the visa! :)

looking at photos,

It makes sense,as the saying goes,a picture is worth a thousand words.

congratulations !!!!!!

We did drag our feet a little submitting the P-3. If we hadn't done that, we probably would have had an interview in May. For personal reasons, timing an interview in June was much better than April or May for us. Everything worked out and she will be arriving in the U.S. in just a couple more weeks.

Thank you to everyone for the congratulations.

• 2 weeks later...