agent of choice notice

This is the automated notification I get each time I have sent an email

Please be advised that, as of April 4th, 2008 our office revised our guidelines for communication between the national visa center and the public. We are now required to verify case specific information each time we receive an inquiry.

According to U.S. Law, the national visa center is only permitted to discuss details of a visa case with authorized representatives when provided with all of the following information.

NVC case number or CIS receipt number Petitioner's name and date of birth

Beneficiary's name and date of birth

your full name.

If you are the legal representative, and your G-28 Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative, is not on file at the NVC, please include a copy of your signed G-28 showing that you are the legal representative as well as the following information.

It then goes on and asks again for the NVC case number the name and address of the law firm, the address of the law firm.

This would seem to be the pertinent part for your case

Please be advised that, as of April 4th, 2008 our office revised our guidelines for communication between the national visa center and the public. We are now required to verify case specific information each time we receive an inquiry.

According to U.S. Law, the national visa center is only permitted to discuss details of a visa case with authorized representatives when provided with all of the following information.

your full name.

If you are the legal representative, and your G-28 Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative, is not on file at the NVC, please include a copy of your signed G-28 showing that you are the legal representative as well as the following information.

It then goes on and asks again for the NVC case number the name and address of the law firm, the address of the law firm.

I used the exact template from James's short cuts and just inserted our specific information.

Is it possible that the NVC has received my wife's email requesting I am to be her agent of choice and this is just an auto reply while they look over her email? Or should I just Call during the week and see what they say?

your full name.

I used the exact template from James's short cuts and just inserted our specific information.

Is it possible that the NVC has received my wife's email requesting I am to be her agent of choice and this is just an auto reply while they look over her email? Or should I just Call during the week and see what they say?

NVC Case No: <NVC Case Number>

CIS Case No: <USCIS Case Number> or <NOA Receipt Number>

Petitioner's Name: <Petitioner's Name LAST FIRST MI>

Petitioner's Date of Birth: <MONTH DD, YYYY> i.e. January 01, 1951

Beneficiary's Name: <Beneficiary's Name LAST FIRST MI>

Beneficiary's Date of Birth: <MONTH DD, YYYY> i.e. January 01, 1951

This is at the top of the template. If you included that, yes, give them a call. Maybe someone will have some advice here.

your full name.

yes, I copied the template word for word top to bottom and just incerted our information ie. NVC case number names, dates of birth and so on. I Guess I'll have to get the telephone number for the NVC and give them a call when they are open.

This is at the top of the template. If you included that, yes, give them a call. Maybe someone will have some advice here.

your full name.

yes, I copied the template word for word top to bottom and just incerted our information ie. NVC case number names, dates of birth and so on. I Guess I'll have to get the telephone number for the NVC and give them a call when they are open.

I copied it word for word top to bottom just incerted our info.

I must have missed something?

Don't you have to have a NVC case number first, to even file the DS-3032 ? It'll start with either GUZ or GZO, depending.

If you've not been 'assigned' a case # yet, check the AVR each day, until there is one.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

I must have missed something?

Don't you have to have a NVC case number first, to even file the DS-3032 ? It'll start with either GUZ or GZO, depending.

If you've not been 'assigned' a case # yet, check the AVR each day, until there is one.

Yes we have a NVC case number

Checked with DOS on Monday there seems to be a problem with the NVCINQUIRY@state.gov email address. They are looking into it, but for now only snail mail for the DS-3032. At government speed who knows how long a wait it will be until the problem is corrected.

Hello Mace, have you received your copy of the DS-3032? If you have, can you sign your wifes name in Chinese characters? I did this, and then mailed from my home. The only reason for doing this is so you will receive all correspondence until the P-4. You will still be be able to control the speed of the process. you will have at least 5/6 mo's until the interview, and the visa is good for 6 more months. You can take your time and slow the interview process down, if you need more than 1 year.

Did you send original documents to the USCIS? If you only sent copies as is requested, then you should have the originals, except for the police report, which was not needed for the USCIS. You will need to get the Police report, to submit to the NVC. You can get 2 copies, or second copies of the original documents and 2 copies of the police report. The only thing you might want to have after the process is complete is an Original copy of the Birth Certificate "White Book". Your Red Marriage Book is all that is required for proof of Marriage in the US.

Since you are not in a hurry, just take your time and everything will fall into place. Your wife should be able to have a family member go to the notary office and get the POLICE REPORT, "White Books", and any other Documents that need to be translated and notarized in a "White Book", even if she has left to be with her daughter. They can send them to you "express", via China Post or FedEx. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

It took about 10 days for the DS-3032 and the AOS (affidavit of suport) Fee bill to arrive at my home. You could scan it and send it to her via email, then she could print it and send it to the NVC. You can control the speed by going slowly. You could even go slow enough to have her enter the US after your second wedding anniversary and get a 10 year green card(IR-1), MIke

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

Hello Mace, have you received your copy of the DS-3032? If you have, can you sign your wifes name in Chinese characters? I did this, and then mailed from my home. The only reason for doing this is so you will receive all correspondence until the P-4. You will still be be able to control the speed of the process. you will have at least 5/6 mo's until the interview, and the visa is good for 6 more months. You can take your time and slow the interview process down, if you need more than 1 year.

Did you send original documents to the USCIS? If you only sent copies as is requested, then you should have the originals, except for the police report, which was not needed for the USCIS. You will need to get the Police report, to submit to the NVC. You can get 2 copies, or second copies of the original documents and 2 copies of the police report. The only thing you might want to have after the process is complete is an Original copy of the Birth Certificate "White Book". Your Red Marriage Book is all that is required for proof of Marriage in the US.

Since you are not in a hurry, just take your time and everything will fall into place. Your wife should be able to have a family member go to the notary office and get the POLICE REPORT, "White Books", and any other Documents that need to be translated and notarized in a "White Book", even if she has left to be with her daughter. They can send them to you "express", via China Post or FedEx. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

It took about 10 days for the DS-3032 and the AOS (affidavit of suport) Fee bill to arrive at my home. You could scan it and send it to her via email, then she could print it and send it to the NVC. You can control the speed by going slowly. You could even go slow enough to have her enter the US after your second wedding anniversary and get a 10 year green card(IR-1), MIke

Hi Mike,

I received thre affidavit of support bill on the 15th of this month, and have already gone on line to pay it. My wife should receive the Agent of Choice by the end of this week, it was sent out from the NVC on the 12th. She has a family member watching her mail for any thing coming form the U. S. and they will forward it to her. She has also told her family to get the documents we need and they will send them to her and she will inturn send them to me. My biggest concern was that she gets her interview in September, (that is when her daughter is to have her baby) I'd hate for her to have to be in Guangzhou and miss being with her daughter. I'm hoping she won't be scheduled for an interview until October.The DOS told me none of these documents needed to be translated into English as they were just going to be sent to Guangzhou, I hope the woman at DOS was correct on this.

Our 1st year wedding anniversary is in October, I hope we don't have to wait another year until she arrives.

Gary

Gary, you should watch and see how long it is taking for the P-4 to be sent. It seems to be coming more quickly now, but I am not sure why. You can wait to send the documents to the NVC until you are sure you will not get the P-4 until Oct. 1st, Nov. 1st interview, and maybe Christmas "Homecoming" or later if you desire. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Gary, you should watch and see how long it is taking for the P-4 to be sent. It seems to be coming more quickly now, but I am not sure why. You can wait to send the documents to the NVC until you are sure you will not get the P-4 until Oct. 1st, Nov. 1st interview, and maybe Christmas "Homecoming" or later if you desire. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Thanks,

Gary