Bicycles Are Back In China

Guest Tony n Terrific

i like e-bikes.. had one in singapore - was very useful, almost a 'daily driver'... 3 gears, nice throttle control, etc etc, with a bin in back for groceries.

Christopher - ya - totally different living conditions, IMO.

e-bikes work in China well cause of 'distance' from home to workplace.

So unless you live within a 5 mile jaunt to work, any type o bike will be a pita in the USA.

I still use a bike to go grocery shopping here - is funny - the store managers thought I was a homeless bum until we started talking - now they all know me..

Guest ShaQuaNew

cant tow your Car, ATV or boat behind a e-bike, will never go down in the USA .

There should be a big market for towing companies these days. Someone needs to pick up those boats from the people who bought and never paid.

There should be a big market for towing companies these days. Someone needs to pick up those boats from the people who bought and never paid.

yea its called the REPO man..... :lol:

I did notice the bicycles all left Monday, but came back yesterday.

From where ? How did you notice? Were you run over or simply side-swiped? Did you spend 10 seconds reviewing the bike parking space? Perhaps that is what you are reporting on...

If that's the case - it's those 'migrant workers' that live around you...

Or maybe it was 'crop picking time' this week - and you weren't invited to tag along (best guess, leave it at that)

Ya, but...

I can tow stuff behind my regular bike.

see, I built this trailer thing.

It's low to the ground, with a horizontal surface about 1 meter by 2 meters. I modelled it after this thing I saw in Singapore ( and hundreds of sightings in Wuhan)

I built it to 'pedal my plants' ... or maybe 'peddle my plants'...

I've no idea of the weight limitation, but I've had it fully loaded 4 times, hawking my wares up and down the street. dry/empty/unloaded, it weighs about 29 pounds.

No, it's not electric.

i do remember this last time - was about 70 plant pots, about 2 kg each. ( 2 kg * 70 units* 2.2 pounds per KG) . Don't be confused - this was a welding gig, I borrowed a mates gear and got it done.

if I had to tow a boat, I'd want a smaller boat, and a mate to meet me at the docks with the motor...

Warmest Regards...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Yeah those little "e-bikes" or if you've been in China long enough you've come to know them as Ninja Bikes, because they stealthily sneak up on you from behind when your walking down the road and almost take your arm off. :yahoo:

I would like to get one of those, but you guys are definitely right, the distances from work, food and home are too vast in America. China still has a lot of developing to do but its definitely more convenient in the fact that I don't need to commute nearly as much as I did in Oregon.

Guest ShaQuaNew

yea its called the REPO man..... :huh:

There just may be good money in becoming a repo man these days...

yea its called the REPO man..... :huh:

There just may be good money in becoming a repo man these days...

That is until you are looking down the wrong end of a lead thrower......

:o

Is that something you do everyday for work/relaxation?

Again, we hear of a solution being a failure because it doesn't fullfill 100% of the needs ... maybe only in this case 25%.