Just thought of this. It seems we have a whole hoard of people here who've been cleared by the NVC and are waiting for their P3. I'm sure it's nothing compared to the old "black hole gang" but a difficult situation for all of us none-the-less.

Therefore I dub this new ordeal "The P3 pit." :(

Here's wishing each and all of you escape the pit soon!

Such an amazing experience we're all sharing together. And, believe me, it would make me very happy to have everyone ahead of me to have visa in hand. That might mean we're next! Well, maybe not ... <_<

And Jerry has been waiting for P3 since July 29. Let's hope his is the oldest one out there right now. That is a long time. I think Rob is right about this being the P3 pit!

Congratulations, Jim! I feel like I must know how you felt during the wait! :P

It does seem like there is P3 activity going on. I wonder if there's going to be a flood of P3's going back to the consulate in a week or so, causing another long wait for P4's sometime down the line...

Jerry

I feel like Im in a black hole too.  175 day at NSC and tired of waiting. It is hard knowing that this is only the first stage of this long drawn out process

The "Pitsssssss". It seems as if mine is also stuck in Moscow.

Perhaps one of the reasons the "Candle" is a bit topheavy with people waiting for the P3 is that many people apply for the visa. They receive a note from BCIS that they processing will be done in 6 months. They patiently wait and wait. Finally, once BCIS is finished everybody discovers that it is just the tip of the iceburg. And our patience gets stretched to the breaking point as 2-4 weeks at NVC suddenly becomes a 6-8 week process. More months drag on. At this point many people find the "Candle". The 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th months kind of roll by (sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly), as we sit back not believing the folly behind the system.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/travesmilies/tierischesmilies/smilie_schildkroete.gif

Of course, once the application gets to the Embassy, there is no time estimate when the application will be finished. It just sits there.

After 8 months of processing the visa in the USA, I can't imagine what else must be done in Russia before the interview. BUT, IT IS GOOD TO BE THOROUGH!!! B)

----- Clifford -----

Just thought of this.  It seems we have a whole hoard of people here who've been cleared by the NVC and are waiting for their P3.  I'm sure it's nothing compared to the old "black hole gang" but a difficult situation for all of us none-the-less.

Therefore I dub this new ordeal "The P3 pit." B)

Here's wishing each and all of you escape the pit soon!

Move over, it looks as if I am in the Black Pit also.............August 8th sent to GZ.........so far nothing

Oh, sure.....NOW you decide to form an exclusive club. First, they wouldn't let me into St. Augustus. Now this. Jessie Jackson...where are you when I need you???

Seriously...hang in there folks. It does end eventually. (Don't worry about the attached e-icon.....just thought it was cool.)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/aktion/action-smiley-074.gif

Oh, sure.....NOW you decide to form an exclusive club.  First, they wouldn't let me into St. Augustus.  Now this.  Jessie Jackson...where are you when I need you???

Seriously...hang in there folks.  It does end eventually.  (Don't worry about the attached e-icon.....just thought it was cool.)

Dave, you're welcome to come back into The Pit with us if you want. :D

We're all down here aspiring to be like you, stressing out over our coming interview. Ahhh, it would be so fine to experience such stress... <sigh> B)

Oh, sure.....NOW you decide to form an exclusive club.  First, they wouldn't let me into St. Augustus.  Now this.  Jessie Jackson...where are you when I need you???

Seriously...hang in there folks.  It does end eventually.  (Don't worry about the attached e-icon.....just thought it was cool.)

Dave, you're welcome to come back into The Pit with us if you want. :D

We're all down here aspiring to be like you, stressing out over our coming interview. Ahhh, it would be so fine to experience such stress... <sigh> :D

Well, er...uh....thanks but no thanks.

I remember when I joined Candle (and AAC) I would read people going to interviews, getting P4s, etc. I was so jealous. It seemed like an eternity before I'd get there. Now that we're here, it all seems like yesterday that I got on these forums. That's why I'm confortable telling ya'll everything will be just fine. You'll understand when you get your Ps soon. Seems they're flying out these days.

Like I said in other threads, I'm stressed about the interview...her liking the US, the house, the dogs, etc. The reality of having to wait vs. having her arrive to SF in exactly a week is huge. I know life will be much more rich and am looking forward to it. I just see lots of growing pains as two single, independent, stubborn people start a new life on soil one of them has never known before. Whereas she played "cruise director" in China, I'll have to do the same for a while until she gets oriented. Hope I do a good job. At least, we're in Vegas. What's not to love?????

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-016.gif

Speaking of stubborn, I am a Taurus, Li is a Taurus, and the due date of our baby is May 13. Another Taurus! Good grief! :lol:  ;)

You're screwed...as am I. JM is monkey, I'm tiger. She says, "Everyone knows when tiger leaves the mountain, monkey is king!" Our baby will be a monkey too........lions, tigers, and monkeys....oh my!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-069.gif