Advance Arrival Time For GZ Suggested???

We just got our interview date... July 16 2009 at 715 am..

That is a Thursday... So I want to arrive there the Thursday Before July 9 th and go to Pay Visa Application Fee and Medical on Friday July 10 but pay for 1 day service to pick it up Monday July 13 ,,, Then relax Tue and Wed. prepping her with possible interview questions. and if there is any problems with the Plane or Medical or ? we have a cushion of time to handle any possible problems...

But... She wants to Land in GZ Sunday July 12 Do Application Fee and Medical Fee Monday July 13 and Pick up medical July 14 with 1 day fee. and of course Interview July 16 ...

Well can I get a few Opinions of those who have already been there and done that...

As I am a Pessimistic Logistical Planner, and this affects such an important thing as OUR FUTURE AS A COUPLE TOGETHER!!! I want to insist that it is done my way....

So Please Give me your Opinions... I'm I too paraniod!!!!! Too fearful of Murhpys Law...!!!!! or should I just relax and do it her way..????

Thanks, Mark....Wondering if he should pull rank from below??? :D

I would try to focus the planning on whether or not YOU want to attend ACH/ACS. ACH is on a monday, I think? I also think you need appointment (via their website booking engine thingie).

I've no further comments.

The med center is open on Sunday, so you may be able to do this the day you arrive, and save the expedite fees.

If you will be in GUZ with her, the do ACH on Monday afternoon and perhaps ask a couple questions.

The med center is open on Sunday, so you may be able to do this the day you arrive, and save the expedite fees.

If you will be in GUZ with her, the do ACH on Monday afternoon and perhaps ask a couple questions.

All good info to help make plans, xie xie. :D

She is insisting on me going to ACH on Monday,, even though I feel this is just causing the Consulate to have more work to do ,, But my Lady reads 001 and feel that it is better to go there... Me I'm not convinced that is best to do... Being at ACH... Unless real issues need to be discussed...

Still would like to hear more opinions of what would be best timeline to arrive and get things done..

Thanks, Mark

She is insisting on me going to ACH on Monday,, even though I feel this is just causing the Consulate to have more work to do ,, But my Lady reads 001 and feel that it is better to go there... Me I'm not convinced that is best to do... Being at ACH... Unless real issues need to be discussed...

Still would like to hear more opinions of what would be best timeline to arrive and get things done..

Thanks, Mark

GUZ does indicate to only visit if you have a question. It is not extra work to visit and ask a question, this gets you noted as concerned.

I visited ACH and expressed my concern with timeing of interview, our interview was on a Monday and the medical center reopened on Sunday before after being closed a week for spring festival.

I indicated my Yu had buggered up the P4 forms, and the Conselor officer was nice enough to give me a complete P4 including invitation letter.

We just got our interview date... July 16 2009 at 715 am..

That is a Thursday... So I want to arrive there the Thursday Before July 9 th and go to Pay Visa Application Fee and Medical on Friday July 10 but pay for 1 day service to pick it up Monday July 13 ,,, Then relax Tue and Wed. prepping her with possible interview questions. and if there is any problems with the Plane or Medical or ? we have a cushion of time to handle any possible problems...

But... She wants to Land in GZ Sunday July 12 Do Application Fee and Medical Fee Monday July 13 and Pick up medical July 14 with 1 day fee. and of course Interview July 16 ...

Well can I get a few Opinions of those who have already been there and done that...

As I am a Pessimistic Logistical Planner, and this affects such an important thing as OUR FUTURE AS A COUPLE TOGETHER!!! I want to insist that it is done my way....

So Please Give me your Opinions... I'm I too paraniod!!!!! Too fearful of Murhpys Law...!!!!! or should I just relax and do it her way..????

Thanks, Mark....Wondering if he should pull rank from below??? :D

Hi Mark,

dnoblett and Sebastian are giving you good advice...... :D

Ling's interview was on a Thursday also. I got everything done by flying in on a Saturday. North Carolina is two days to China so I left on Friday due to stormy weather and arrival on Saturday.

You don't do everything her way or only your way...it is all a compromise....... :D

But what you want to tell her is that you have to Go to ACH on Monday at about 1:00pm and if you want to have anything notarized than make an appointment for ACS for days that you will be free.

ACH is important to ask a few questions but to also let them know that you are in town to support her....... :D

Tom and Ling

One other thing, when she does interview have her bring your passport into the interview, while you wait downstairs drinking expensive coffee on the 4th floor.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I didn't read that she is insisting on you going to ACH.... :D :D

So, it that case....do as she says....it will make her happy and how else is Guz going to know that you are in town to support her.... :D :P :P :D

And they are getting paid to do ACH...so go to ACH and ask a few questions...... :D :D

Tom and Ling

One other thing, when she does interview have her bring your passport into the interview, while you wait downstairs drinking expensive coffee on the 4th floor.

Hi dnoblett,

I had a nice Chinese waiter when I waited..I paid the usual price for the first order, but after that every other cup was half price...really nice Guy........ :D :D :D :D

and Mark like dnoblett says have her bring your passport to the interview.. :D

Tom and Ling

I suggest having the medical exam done at the Guangzhou United Family Clinic because same day results service is standard. We went there this past Sunday and were in & out with results in hand in about 3 hours. The exam there costs 800rmb. It is a very nice place and the staff is very friendly as well.

I suggest having the medical exam done at the Guangzhou United Family Clinic because same day results service is standard. We went there this past Sunday and were in & out with results in hand in about 3 hours. The exam there costs 800rmb. It is a very nice place and the staff is very friendly as well.

how long did the exam take and can you go in with your fiancee or you have to be outside and wait like a loner?

how long did the exam take and can you go in with your fiancee or you have to be outside and wait like a loner?

The exam probably only took a little over an hour then we had to wait about 2 hours for the results. The results probably wouldn't have taken that long but it was during lunch time and the people in the lab who conduct the blood tests were on their lunch break so it took a bit longer. You can go in with your fiancee and sit in the waiting room (they have one specifically for immigrant visas). Your fiancee will actually spend a lot of time in the wating room with you as she moves from exam room to exam room for the various tests. It was a very nice, clean place.